ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

add song to website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/14/10 12:19 PM Views: 2288 Replies: 12
Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 12:19 PM

start me from the beginnning. I'm confused. I want to have a different song ply on the reunion page, the in memory page, and the classmates page. Where do I get the songs so I can convert them to the right format, and then how do I insert them? I'm not good at this and have spent hours.....couldnt even insert a countdown clock.....

Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 1:30 PM - Response #1

Hi Beth,

I use playlist.com You create a playlist with songs they have available on their site. They have tons. Once you have the song(s) you want, you create the player by generating .html code to paste on to your page.

Have you ever worked with the 'source' part of the page before?

Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 2:12 PM - Response #2

can I separate the playlist into different songs on different pages, and no, I haven't but I tried...lol

I got a code for a countdown clock. I went to edit homepage and put the cursor there. I hit source. I pasted the code. Then I hit source again. Then I aved the change. The result was the code embedded in the home page. I know I must sound dumb, but I can't figure it out....

Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 3:17 PM - Response #3

Each playlist only works for the page you embed it into. So you can make a different playlist to embed on each page if you want.

As far as pasting the code, you did it the right way but I think I know where the problem is because initially that happened to me too. See, I know the directions say to place the cursor where you want it on the Edit page, click source, and paste the code, etc. etc. . But even if I put my cursor where I want the object to go, when I click Source, the cursor isn't where it should be. It's usually right up at the top of the page somewhere. I have to sort my way through the code to find where I really want the object to be placed. So you kind of have to know a little about .html in order to get it right. At least on my computer you do.

With the music player it should be easier though. Most likely you'll want to paste the code all the way at the bottom of the page. No sorting needed. You will have to resize the player, make it smaller. We can cross that bridge when we get to it!

Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 4:00 PM - Response #4

okay have one in the "in memory" page. Now how do i make it smaller........????

Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 4:26 PM - Response #5

Go to your Source page and scroll down to the player code. If the player is at the bottom of the page, it will probably be easier for you to work from the bottom up. There are four places that will have a width and a height (or vice versa) right next to each other. The codes for both will be the same for each four entries. You want to - very carefully- change the sizes on all four of them. Some times the height is written first and sometimes the width is so pay careful attention to that.

I make my player 325 in width and 160 in height. But you can do whatever works for you. Unfortunately I don't remember what the size is to start out with to make it easier for you to find them all.

Let me know if you get your player!!

Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 10:33 PM - Response #6

Beth It looks like your off to a great start

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 8:01 AM - Response #7

Karen Avon wrote:

But even if I put my cursor where I want the object to go, when I click Source, the cursor isn't where it should be. It's usually right up at the top of the page somewhere. I have to sort my way through the code to find where I really want the object to be placed. So you kind of have to know a little about .html in order to get it right.

One EASY way to do this is to put the cursor where you want the playlist and type "Paste PLAYLIST CODE HERE"

Then click the SOURCE button and then search for "Paste PLAYLIST CODE HERE". Just delete this text and paste your playlist.

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 8:04 AM - Response #8

Karen Avon wrote:

Go to your Source page and scroll down to the player code. If the player is at the bottom of the page, it will probably be easier for you to work from the bottom up. There are four places that will have a width and a height (or vice versa) right next to each other. The codes for both will be the same for each four entries. You want to - very carefully- change the sizes on all four of them. Some times the height is written first and sometimes the width is so pay careful attention to that.

I make my player 325 in width and 160 in height. But you can do whatever works for you. Unfortunately I don't remember what the size is to start out with to make it easier for you to find them all.

Let me know if you get your player!!

If you use FireFox, you can just search for "Width" and then click on "highlight all". This will highlight all of the width codes so you can make sure you get them all.

Question #8 in Building your website FAQs will tell you the maximum widths.
http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.html#Building

I think the default playlist size is 435, I usually change mine to 390. I only change the widths, don't need to change the heights.

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 9:18 AM - Response #9

On your In Memory page, you can change the player's width to 0. That way you will hear the music, but, won't see the player.

Lynda

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 10:07 AM - Response #10

We've all been there, Beth. You came to the right place to get help. I've learned a few things just by reading the last few comments.
Good luck with your site.

Tam

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 11:00 AM - Response #11

What a GREAT idea Kyle!!!! Now why didn't I think of that??
Thanks!

Edited 03/15/10 11:02 AM
Monday, March 22, 2010 at 4:49 PM - Response #12

One easy way to put the playlist in the source is to set up a post announcement. The only source that you will have in there will be your playlist and you do not have to worry about any other code. Good listening.

Edited 03/22/10 4:52 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.