ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

What's on the Road Map?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 10/16/09 07:47 AM Views: 1877 Replies: 10
Friday, October 16, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Brad -
Are you at liberty to give an updated listing of new features that are planned? After chat goes live, I get the feeling there are several on the verge of appearing in the next several months. One I'm keeping an eye out for is the ability to customize & share designs...

Friday, October 16, 2009 at 12:18 PM - Response #1

Live Chat, Photo Galleries, and Community Photo Galleries are all coming before Christmas. Along with some smaller enhancements and tweaks. After Christmas we have Admin Rights (specify what each co-Admin can do on your site), Customized Mailing Lists, Customizable Designs (which got pushed back a bit to make way for some more pressing things), new standard designs, teacher repository so single year sites can share teachers, and a few hundred other things we've added to the Task List this year due to all of the good ideas all of you have posted in these forums.

FYI we have a new programmer on board now, Craig Snyder, and another new programmer starting in a couple weeks, John Rising. Anyone new will take awhile to get the jist of the whole system so their presence may not be immediately noticable, but as we proceed into next year John and Craig will help us get through the Task List and ultimately on to some of the spinoff systems.

Edited 10/16/09 12:21 PM
Friday, October 16, 2009 at 1:06 PM - Response #2

No customizable export of classlist 'til next year some time? Sad

Friday, October 16, 2009 at 1:55 PM - Response #3

Thanks for the update. I was hoping for "Administrator Read Only" option so a finance person could see who had paid, but couldn't really mess things up accidentally. BTW, our reunion was last weekend and went REALLY well. Looks like you'll be stuck with us for at least another 5 years. Yippee!

Friday, October 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM - Response #4

Actually customizable export of Class List is also coming. There's literally hundreds of tweaks, improvements, and new features on the list. And sometimes priorities do change a little based on the feedback we're getting. For the most part though the things I mentioned above will be the next big things.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 7:43 PM - Response #5

They all sound great! Anything for -what seems to be my most frequent topic- In memory?

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 10:18 PM - Response #6

There are a variety of tasks grouped together for the In Memory area. It's mostly a lot of little things that have been suggested here in these forums. Stay tuned, we'll announce all new features and enhancements as they're created.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 8:06 PM - Response #7

Brad,
Will the new features for "In memory" include something to speed it up? When I try to enter someone now it takes at least two or three full minutes to start up. -Just like the old days of computing.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 9:29 PM - Response #8

Your In Memory main page loaded in about 3 seconds for me. Yours may take a hair longer than others because I think you have 26,000 Classmates in the system or something like that. Still though, it should take more like 3 seconds, not 3 minutes. Where specifically are you catching a 3 minute delay? Does it happen in more than 1 web browser? Since I can't repeat this at this point I can only imagine it's something local, but maybe I'm not doing precisely what you are doing to see the delay. Give me the exact steps you're taking and I'll see if I can replicate it.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 9:50 PM - Response #9

It does not always happen sometimes it comes up in 3 seconds, sometimes in 3 minutes. I go to "edit site pages" "In memory" and then I just wait for it to come up. I never know how long. It seems like maybe when it is at busy times it gets hung for awhile. My computer is not the best but I have tried it on another and had the same problem.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM - Response #10

Weird... I can't duplicate it. No matter what I do it comes up in 3 seconds or so. It wouldn't have anything to do with the system being busy -- the system can handle whopping numbers of simultaneous traffic. So for tonight I'm clueless. I'll turn it over to Programming and see if they have any theories.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.