ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Playlist for Responsive Design

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/24/15 04:34 PM Views: 1438 Replies: 6
Thursday, December 24, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Will there be a Playlist generator which will work with the Responsive Design?

Edited 12/24/15 4:40 PM
Thursday, December 24, 2015 at 8:05 PM - Response #1

I'm using the responsive design and under admin functions (the gear icon in the upper right hand corner) have a Playlist Generator. I used it to create a playlist and successfully embedded it on a page. Works fine for me.

Thursday, December 24, 2015 at 8:10 PM - Response #2

Works - still Flash though.

Thursday, December 24, 2015 at 11:18 PM - Response #3

OK, thanks.

Friday, December 25, 2015 at 4:13 PM - Response #4

For iPad (IOS) type devices (or any device that does not support Flash) you might be interested in the JVideo YouTube video player. Allows you to collect "music videos" effectively becoming a Playlist Generator + there's no storage required on the CC site. You can embed on your site similar to any other widget in source mode (which is also how the CC player is put on a page).

Here's the LINK with docs and how it works.

Works on Responsive and prior designs.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 at 2:56 AM - Response #5

Hi Jack. I really like the sound of your JVideo YouTube video player. I don't have any MP3s to load onto the Class Creator Playlist Generator, and so I'd love to be able to add a selection of songs from our era from YouTube (eg My Way by The Peddlers at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkeWADdgL8I). Can JVideo be used instead of the Class Creator Playlist Generator on any Class Creator site - and if so - is it a simple process to embed it into my site? I clicked on your link but found the instructions a little confusing (due to my lack of tech savvy)

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 at 2:19 PM - Response #6

You can use any YouTube video (not just music), however, a few are restricted from viewing if not viewed on YouTube. Generator tells you if that is the case.

As for the instructions - the little white rectangle instruction box is basically all that's required (pretty much the same as for CC player). The rest is more for those interested in how to control various options such as "invisible" or "popup" and stuff like that. A video when I get done is one of my future things too.

Short version

1. Add URLs
2. Press Create
3. Paste what is shown on the CC page in editor SOURCE mode.

More detailed

1. Add URLs or add a Playlist using Edit List. This is the link to the YouTube Video (just like on CC player you give a link to your MP3 music). So what you do is copy the link for the YouTube video (as you just did in your post) and paste that into the URL area. Click Add URL and it will be added.

2. Be sure to Save List if you use Edit List. This is mainly to edit or add to exiting playlists. The start is normally Step 1 where you add URL links (or a YouTube Playlist). Once you have a playlist and want to modify it, copy and paste the existing playlist into the "Edit" area, add more URLs and again save. (As an aside, I have to do that way because I can't store directly on CC to your vault).

3. Press Create button and then Copy code from here to your page with CTRL+C. Or right click mouse and select Copy. Then paste in your page to create video player displayed below

Step 3 is how you put the player on any page in editor Source mode (again pretty much like CC player, except you have more control over how it looks, where it's placed and so forth).

You can preview how it looks in the Generator to get an idea. The rest of the instructions (and demos) just show how to get various results using the options.

Adding a section to rearrange the playlist just like you rearrange the order of CC links - drag and drop. Plus you can edit and delete on the same list. This can be done now with "Edit List" but this is a bit more WYSIWYG ("what you see is what you get").

What's not obvious is that you can shrink the video size so what you mostly see is the songlist. Here's a sample of a beautified JVideo player to demonstrate what I mean

LINK showing a jukebox style player.

Notice that the player detected that a video was removed (which happens if there was a 'complaint'). JVideoplayer also shows you which one by adding the word "deleted" in front of the video so you can easily replace it. In the jukebox the video is "Dion - The wanderer (1961)"

See original LINK for more examples

Edited 12/29/15 2:21 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.