ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Downloading All Profile Data/Photos to Create a brochure

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/08/09 10:06 AM Views: 5795 Replies: 12
Wednesday, July 8, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Hi,

Is there a way to create a directory from all the info on everyone's profile including photos? Looking for an easy, inexpenive way to print all of the info to give classmates at the reunion. Thank you!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 at 10:32 AM - Response #1

I called them on this same question a few months ago and they said they are working on it and also printing name badges with senior pictures on them but neiter will be ready for any reunions coming up soon.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM - Response #2

We never had a directory feature slated so to speak, but more of a "Memory Book" feature planned. We're looking at integrating the Mixbook system, which just came out with a brand new API. It will be some time before any of this is ready however, as not only is it a significant task, we haven't even started it yet. We're working on a variety of major features right now, a couple of which will launch later this month, and sometime around the Fall should be working on the Mixbook integration, etc. Stay tuned, lots of fun stuff coming.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM - Response #3

I have a macro that I can run to save static webpages so that the webpages can be displayable without being connected to the Internet (which Al Gore invented). Since they are static, they will not change after they are saved to disk if the classmate updates their profile.

Setting up the macro is a little bit complex, but it is easier than going to each classmate page and saving the content to disk.

The webpage that is saved looks just like what the ADMIN will see when he logs in (includes all ADMIN features on the menu). This can be solved by signing in as a guest before the macro is run. Saving the webpage as a static webpage also saves all of the graphics.

This solution isn't really a "Memory Book" because it isn't in editable form, but it is a way to back up your classmate data so that if a classmate changes their profile, you still have what used to be there.

If anyone is interested, I can post the macro and how to run it in another reply.

Monday, July 13, 2009 at 8:00 PM - Response #4

I would love to have that MACRO you've described. We are going to see if we can make that extract work for a printable book or something we can burn to CDs or DVDs. Please email it to me if you would at gloria@ghipgroup.com. Thanks!

Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 8:42 AM - Response #5

I assume you are referring to placing senior pictures onto name badges? I'm wondering because that's what I'm trying to do for our reunion this Saturday. Using MS Word or Avery templates I can easily mail merge names, but not the photos. When I place a photo on the first name badge that same photo is on all the badges....GRRRRRR.

Anyone have a way to do it???

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 2:24 PM - Response #6

I used a company to put our entire yearbook on CD - www.myoldyearbookcd.com

We had several people wanting a digital copy of the yearbook anyway - so I posted an announcement on our website and found that there was lots of interest. You have to order a minimum of 20 CDs with the first order. I also had to send in my yearbook, since they did not have one on file - some they do and some they do not.

With the order, you are provided with a reunion planners CD - from that CD you can create photo nametags, among other things. I cannot wait to get ours back. I am going to change all the pictures on our website and we plan to use the CD to create a slide show to be played at the reunion dinner. It does take some time - about 4-6 weeks - to receive your order.

Hope this helps.

Sunday, September 16, 2018 at 5:18 PM - Response #7

This is an old thread but something I am curious about. I was wanting to see if thier was a way to make a print out of the information in the profile and details of our members.

Sunday, September 16, 2018 at 5:48 PM - Response #8

Now that would be interesting to see Kyle. I didn't see it posted. Could you post it please. I can see other uses for such a macro.

Monday, September 17, 2018 at 11:48 AM - Response #9

I made a book of Tributes by laboriously selecting, copying and pasting each individual In Memory page into a single Word doc. That allowed me to edit and format anything that didn't look right, and I often went back to the web page to fix things I'd missed there. It was a lot of work but worth it.

Monday, September 17, 2018 at 5:36 PM - Response #10

Sounds like a great idea, but.... there may be Privacy & confidentiality issues involved, especially with regard to home addresses/phone #'s. If anything, perhaps you can print one master "book" that can be added to your reunion display table (we set up one for "In Memory" and memorabilia, etc.) It would also be much cheaper, but you might want to announce classmates are free to look at/circulate it around the room but not take it outside; or put a sign on the display table "Please do not remove"

I am also thinking of doing a "new" yearbook [1973-2018] - with "Before" & "After" Photos & Names only. Not sure if I have enough current "head shots" to do that (OR the time!), but might ask our photographer how much extra it would cost to take individual pictures(or maybe several small group pictures that I can then edit into single headshots) at our upcoming reunion. Then, publish it to our site afterwards. Anyone else do something similar?

Monday, September 17, 2018 at 5:40 PM - Response #11

Very Happy to Mary Ann Gill! I did the same for my sorority reunion & everyone loved that.

Edited 09/17/18 5:41 PM
Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 9:50 AM - Response #12

Kyle Erickson wrote:

I have a macro that I can run to save static webpages so that the webpages can be displayable without being connected to the Internet (which Al Gore invented). Since they are static, they will not change after they are saved to disk if the classmate updates their profile.

Setting up the macro is a little bit complex, but it is easier than going to each classmate page and saving the content to disk.

The webpage that is saved looks just like what the ADMIN will see when he logs in (includes all ADMIN features on the menu). This can be solved by signing in as a guest before the macro is run. Saving the webpage as a static webpage also saves all of the graphics.

This solution isn't really a "Memory Book" because it isn't in editable form, but it is a way to back up your classmate data so that if a classmate changes their profile, you still have what used to be there.

If anyone is interested, I can post the macro and how to run it in another reply.

I'd be interested in taking a look at this. Our reunion is not until 2020, so hopefully the memory book will be available, but it would be neat to see this just in case.

thanks

dave

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.