ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

John Wayne's 1970 variety show

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/23/20 04:05 PM Views: 503 Replies: 5
Monday, March 23, 2020 at 4:05 PM

Subject: John Wayne's 1970 variety show

Possibly Best 2 minutes 24 seconds I’ve heard in a while and really worth listening to it!!!

You may have to play this a couple of times in order to identify everyone.

The video is special because so many of the people in the video are gone now. These people were so talented... we didn't realize how lucky we were. We'll never see anything like it again.

John Wayne 1970 Variety Show Celebrating America's History

Monday, March 23, 2020 at 8:42 PM - Response #1

This is supposed to be a website for technical support, not memorabilia.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 6:08 AM - Response #2

This is a general discussion item. You are entitled to your opinion for sure. Others may appreciate both; that is not why I chose to post this. You are free if you choose, of course, to watch, review, or comment on anything you care to (as we all are).

We have had our site since March 2010. My posts number 79 to CC over this ten year period, I have always exercised prudence to post comments to the applicable category (as provided by CC.)

Edited 03/25/20 9:41 PM
Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 12:12 PM - Response #3

It is okay to post these kinds of discussions in the General Discussion area. In fact, many admins use this area to share great ideas that others can pull from for adding content to their own sites. It's encouraged!

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 1:11 PM - Response #4

Scott, thanks for your amplification. My '58 Classmates sure liked it when I posted to our site. All is good....

Edited 03/24/20 1:11 PM
Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 3:18 PM - Response #5

Sammy Thurmond wrote:

Subject: John Wayne's 1970 variety show

Possibly Best 2 minutes 24 seconds I’ve heard in a while and really worth listening to it!

What a Wonderful suggestion for our websites!

I've added it as a page to mine.

My first thought was that I didn't have time to watch, but your intro was perfect and I did have 2 minutes and 24 seconds.

LOL, It took me 4 viewings before I recognized William Shatner and I don't recall ever seeing Ed McMahon look so young. I know that many of our classmates are going to enjoy it and I believe it is beneficial and appropriate in these interesting and unusual times.

I did a screen shot (print screen) of the list of characters and posted that just before the link to the video so we could study it.

Thanks for sharing!

Edited 03/25/20 3:24 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.