ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Multiple Photo Upload to Vault, then Gallery

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/28/10 03:48 PM Views: 1450 Replies: 8
Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Is there a way to load multiple photos into the Vault all at once, instead of one at a time? One classmate has 75 GREAT photos, but I really don't want to upload one at a time. Same question about insert from Vault to the Gallery Creator.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at 4:37 PM - Response #1

I have the same question. Wink

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at 5:23 PM - Response #2

Vault no, Gallery Creator yes. I would organize your photos into directories locally so that you can click Browse > and then do a Select All (CTRL A) and then click Open (or Select depending on the browser). Then, sit back and watch them load. If they are large files, this process may take some time as the system will also resize the photos on the way up.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM - Response #3

I should use Gallery Creator allowing classmates the opportunity to upload their photos. I thought that was correct but wanted to be certain and know it was possible to load a large number.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 9:15 AM - Response #4

Yes. In Gallery Creator you can use standard window selection options to select multiple photos for batch upload. Like any of these:

1) Just press control-A to select all photos in a given directory
2) Hold down the control key and click on the specific photos you wish to upload
3) Click a photo, hold down the shift key, and then click another photo somewhere down on the list. This will select the top photo you clicked on, the bottom photo you clicked on, and all the photos in between.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 8:32 PM - Response #5

These standard ways of selecting multiple photos are not working for me. Nor are the instructions that users should see showing up.

Also, I no longer see a way to simply call up the vault and add multiple photos. Wasted a lot of time trying out variations.

Friday, March 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM - Response #6

Brad's instuctions only apply in the uploader used when adding photos in Gallery Creator. They are not applicable to direct interactions with the File Vault.

Friday, August 11, 2023 at 8:41 PM - Response #7

Brad, I am in Gallery Creator, I edit the gallery, then click on the Image icon - when I browse I can only select one file at a time. CRTL-A, CTRL, and Shift do nothing for me. What am I missing here?

Friday, August 11, 2023 at 11:18 PM - Response #8

I think you are in the FIRST page that is showing an Editor page that you can edit. Ignore that and click Save.

Now look at the next page displayed, pick the gallery you just made and add Images - 3rd column from the right. That's where one can multi-select as described.

It's still a bit wonky and does not show images right away. Surprised that nobody reports this.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.