ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

move photo gallery to new link?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/19/11 03:55 PM Views: 1285 Replies: 4
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Hello,

I love the ease of use in Photo Gallery and jumped right in filling it up, without realizing that I could organize photos into sub-categories, like LHS (include tours of the school, historical, seasonal, etc.) or Reunions (20, 25, 25, etc.) or Schools (old elementary school photos, etc.) Now I have all the photo libraries in one gallery. Can I create new links and move the photos to better organize them?

Hoping for a "yes"!

Donna

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 4:41 PM - Response #1

Yes.

Go to Gallery Creator.
Choose CREATE NEW NAVIGATIONAL LINK button
Repeat step 2 for each category or topic you desire
Edit each gallery
Change the "Within Link:" drop-down to be the appropriate category/topic that you created in step 2

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 4:59 PM - Response #2

That would be a YES!!!

Thanks! Will give it a try.

Donna

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 5:18 PM - Response #3

What Kyle said works, but might not be what you want to do for everything (the way I read your post) since that creates a link on the left for each one.

What I did was create subcategories within the main gallery using "Create New Photo gallery" and then you assign that "within link" where that is the main photo gallery link on the left side.

This keeps the left menu side cleaner (there's only 1) and then users can navigate to each sub-gallery as desired.

And of course you can do both.Wink

(And that's the way you can create pages without gallery photos that all belong together, again keeping the left menu much cleaner. Play around to see what additional flexibility this gives.)

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 6:42 PM - Response #4

Donna, I do a lot like Jack mentions. For instance, I have one Gallery Link for "Reunion Memories". Then I created like 5 Galleries within. I made sub link for 50th Reunion, another for 45th Reunion, 40th, etc.

That approach keeps just a single side bar menu, which would be quite cluttered if I did an new link for all 5 reunions.

I do similarly for say Yearbooks. I have sub gallery for 1961, and 1960, soon may add 1962. All under one menu item.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.