ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Home page view before user logged in

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/25/19 01:59 PM Views: 1093 Replies: 8
Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 1:59 PM

I want a disclaimer to display on the home page before anyone actually logs in. In other words, when anyone goes to the site address for the class, the disclaimer will display. Once they log in, another message may display.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 5:54 PM - Response #1

EASY!

Just create a new announcement. When you create the announcement, make the type of the announcement "Display to non-logged in only". The new announcement will only display if the classmate hasn't logged in yet.

Saturday, April 27, 2019 at 12:07 PM - Response #2

great feature I hadn't noticed before. Is there a way to capture the name of the person who is logged in within the message displayed to "Logged in only"? so that announcement could read something like: "Welcome back, Mark" ? Thanks

Saturday, April 27, 2019 at 12:09 PM - Response #3

and capture other data such as last-logged-in date or ???

Saturday, April 27, 2019 at 2:59 PM - Response #4

Good idea for CC to provide a keyword that could be used to create a custom message. Failing that, there "is a way" but it would have to be done via a script. If CC does not want to do this, it sounds like a fun little task to play with.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 3:58 PM - Response #5

Are you saying the Welcome Back "name" for the logged in box? As for the "last-logged-in date"... Admins can see that info for each member on the Manage Classmates > Enter / Edit Classmates page... it will be one of the columns.

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 12:09 PM - Response #6
question to CC re announcements.pdf

Scott, thanks for the reply. I was just wondering if there was a way to capture any data - e.g., the person's first name - and have it displayed in the announcement the person sees after they have logged on by using any of the variables that are used in emails like $first_name$ However, I tested this - see attachment - and found that it didn't work. Might there be another way to do this? To be clear, I don't see this as a major (or even minor) need so if you choose to put something like this on the enhancement list, from my perspective, it certainly could go way, way down the list. Thanks.

Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 7:20 AM - Response #7

Announcements only appear on the Home Page. The logged in name already appears on the Home Page in the logged in box. I do not see a need for this.

Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 9:30 PM - Response #8

Aha! Excellent point. I agree. Thanks for pointing that out.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.