ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Birthday Not showing

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/28/15 01:03 PM Views: 914 Replies: 4
Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 1:03 PM

Like Cheryl and Sharon recently, I too have seen ONE classmate not showing up. I rely on my email more than the website, so I don't know if it showed up there...but I always get advance notices as well as the day OF the birthday...but not his. Of course his birthday has now passed Charles Emery, but we went to his retirement party and they had a birthday cake, and I was MOST embarrassed because I didn't receive an email, as I do for all other classmates notifying me. His profile is OK IMO,but he is the only one recently that I did NOT receive an email about his birthday on 7/18. Any other advise?

Update - I see that on 7/11 I DID get an email notice about Charles Emery & Larry Augsberger's birthdays in a week. on 7/18 I did not get a notice of EITHER that they were born on that day...

Edited 07/28/15 1:14 PM
Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 6:03 PM - Response #1

Hi Dick,

Based on the settings Charles has in place those messages should have gone out. I don't see any bounces for them. Did you check your spam/junk folder? Gmail gives priority to email where the user has whitelisted the sender. You may want to whitelist noreply@classcreator.net if you haven't already.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 6:19 PM - Response #2

Jessica - Thanks...but as indicated, I DID receive the notice of his birthday 7 days in advance along with the other one...and on the day 7/18 I received NEITHER 'born on this day' notification. I receive notifications continually from noreply; I have NOT whitelisted this or any email address as I get them already...this date - maybe something was in the email on that date, and maybe it also applied to other sites, I did not get any notifications...Not in junk/spam folders.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 6:36 PM - Response #3

Hi Dick,

I believe you. Unfortunately if the email goes out and doesn't bounce back to us the only thing I can recommend is making sure you have it whitelisted. About a month ago we were talking with gmail about some messages that were delayed - like up to 48 hours delayed and they did not have a good explanation as to what happened in their system those few days, however, they recommended whitelisting as they said they are continually tweaking their spam filters and prioritizing of incoming messages and that the best way to ensure timely delivery was to have users whitelist. During this odd delay that they had (which I had not seen before - their system is quite stable normally) I was receiving notices in my gmail account and I do have noreply@classcreator.net whitelisted.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 6:55 PM - Response #4

That's good to know... i have NEVER whitelisted anything, but your coaxing let me find out how:
http://onlinegroups.net/blog/2014/02/25/how-to-whitelist-an-email-address/
And it addresses gmail, outlook and yahoo mail

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.