ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

school logo resized too small

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/16/10 10:44 PM Views: 1392 Replies: 5
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 10:44 PM

I originally uploaded our school logo at 700x478 pixels. We are using the Professional #6 Design. As it is, it looks like the proportion is correct to fill the box. But, as you can see, there is a lot of white space surrounding the logo, which seems to have been reduced to 145x99 pixels. Can this be changed so that the logo fits the box, or at least to have only a little bit of a white border?

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 9:38 AM - Response #1

Unfortunately, this size is part of the template specifications and cannot be altered as that is a "global" spec that would effect all of the sites that use that template.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 10:56 AM - Response #2

Thanks. I understand that. It's just that other sites seem to have the logo fill the whole box, with much less white space around it. Is there a size that the logo SHOULD be uploaded at?

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 3:19 PM - Response #3

On this particular design no other school is able to utilize the space that you're not able to utilize. If you look closely you'll see the same white space applies to all. No there is no specific size you need to upload, the system will automatically resize the logo to the largest possible size per the design you've chosen. FYI some new designs will be available in early 2011 that will allow for customization of the entire top header, i.e. logos, fonts, font sizes etc.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 3:26 PM - Response #4

Hi Brad,

Any update on the school-logo-size front? Our logo is only allowed to be 145x20 which is so small as to render it unreadable and unappealing.

It would really be helpful if you could share some of the template specifications, expected sizes (in pixels, at screen resolution of 72 dpi, etc.)

Thanks!

Edit: I've been doing some cropping to try to get a better fit and have improved the logo some. I might be able to improve it a little more if I knew what the specs were for the region in which this image appears. Thanks again!

Edited 06/18/11 3:55 PM
Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 7:36 PM - Response #5

It looks pretty good now — at least to me, anyway.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.