ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Fancy font requested

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/24/08 09:32 PM Views: 1254 Replies: 2
Thursday, July 24, 2008 at 9:32 PM

I'd like to request a "fancier" font like Chaucer or Script to use when posting announcements about engagements/weddings, etc. Also, a "kid" font -- looks like a kid wrote it -- would be fun for announcing births of babies. Not totally necessary, but it would be nice to set them off somehow.Idea

Thursday, July 24, 2008 at 11:35 PM - Response #1

No can do. Fonts don't work that way online. For people to see your font, THEY have to have the font installed on their own local computer. So if you type in Chaucer, and the viewer does not have Chaucer, it's only going to default to Arial anyway. We've already pre loaded the editor component with super popular fonts that nearly 100% of users will have. It's the only way you can ensure your viewers are seeing what you are seeing.

Note: If you want to get fancy, you can type in any font you want in graphics programs such as Photoshop. Then save your file out as a gif and then upload the gif. Now you've got the fonts you want on your page -- they just load in the form of a graphic.

Edited 07/25/08 3:17 AM
Friday, July 25, 2008 at 12:36 AM - Response #2

See ... I knew you'd have the answer! Hadn't thought about creating the announcement (I use Printshop) and posting it as a picture! Great idea (and I didn't even have to bake cookies!).

Thanks!

Edited 07/25/08 12:36 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.