ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Creating an HOA site with Class Creator

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/30/09 10:18 AM Views: 1824 Replies: 7
Monday, March 30, 2009 at 10:18 AM

My community is looking to have a website and I was thinking about using Class Creator now that they have taken out a lot of the "Classmates" verbiage and made it REALLY flexible for non class related groups.

What I am looking for is example websites (HOA, Family or even other groups created through Class Creator) to provide to my Homeowner's Association committee. I know I have seen some before but I can't seem to find any links through these forums. If you would like to share your website please respond to this link.

Thanks ahead to anyone who responds to this thread.

Betsey Eberhardt

Monday, March 30, 2009 at 10:57 AM - Response #1

Hi Betsey!
My HOA site is www.ellicottmills.org...

We've liked it a lot.
The only thing that's a little bit harder is trying to have everyone organized by address. I'm putting their house number in the first name field, street in the last name field and last name in the married last name field. It's a bit hard to maintain because when they sign up they usually change those address entries to their actual name.

Good luck!

Edited 03/30/09 11:01 AM
Monday, March 30, 2009 at 11:16 AM - Response #2

Beth - Thank you so much for your response. Your website is great, I will definitely use this as an example to my HOA Committee. If we decide to go with Class Creator we might just have to copy your website Smile I love how you have ALL that information on the website, so helpful to the community.

I was thinking the same thing about the name and address. I love the way you are getting around it.

Thanks again,
Betsey

Monday, March 30, 2009 at 11:34 AM - Response #3

Great! Glad to help.
Also, since we bought a domain name, we have email addresses as part of the purchase, so I made email addresses that can persist, even when the board members change (ie. president@ellicottmills.org, treasurer@ellicottmills.org etc)
I have them all forwarded to a gmail account, then forwarded (using a filter) to the proper current president etc. (So they don't have to check 2 different email accounts)

This also provides us with 1 email (the gmail one) that we can search for historical information about issues residents have emailed the board about.
I also use that email to create the calendar on the site.
Let me know if you need any help setting it up!

Beth

Edited 03/30/09 11:35 AM
Monday, March 30, 2009 at 11:43 AM - Response #4

Beth - All your ideas are wonderful and I would love to talk with you about it if my community decides to go this route. I saw the calendar and think that is a GREAT idea and the e-mails that is even better so that the website does not have to be updated each time the Board changes.

Thanks for all your information Beth, I will be in contact,
Betsey

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 12:24 AM - Response #5

I'll share the one my daughter did for her HOA
http://www.mountainoakshoa.org/index.cfm

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 5:31 PM - Response #6

Bev - Thank you so much for sharing. Your daughter did a wonderful job. I have sent it on as a sample website for my HOA to take a look at.

Thanks again,
Betsey

Friday, April 10, 2009 at 8:26 AM - Response #7

Hi, Beth. I love the calendar. Can you tell me how you did it? And I presume it is only editable by the site administrator? Thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.