ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

classmates without email

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/24/08 06:31 PM Views: 1405 Replies: 4
Thursday, July 24, 2008 at 6:31 PM

Several classmates have contacted me who don't have computers (imagine that) but would like their info left in there profile, and have asked me the admin. to post it for them.
I have noticed this can't be done without an email address.
Could this be changed?

Thursday, July 24, 2008 at 9:12 PM - Response #1

Thanks for raising this question . There's quite a few in my group who don't use email. Computers weren't in classrooms in the 60"s, well not all. I'm being asked to enter it for them. Wouldn't this work?

Thursday, July 24, 2008 at 10:51 PM - Response #2

John Jeff Buss wrote:

Several classmates have contacted me who don't have computers (imagine that) but would like their info left in there profile, and have asked me the admin. to post it for them.
I have noticed this can't be done without an email address.
Could this be changed?

It can be done without an email address. Make sure you don't actually go in and create a real account for these Classmates. I have a feeling that's what you're trying to do. All you need to do is click on Manage Classmates, then click on the Enter/Edit Classmates manually button. And then select the second radio button on the page (to show Classmate details even if they have no account on your site). Then click the Details and/or Profile link next to the Classmates you wish to edit, and add all the info you want.

Friday, July 25, 2008 at 11:39 AM - Response #3

After you add the information, (as in previous post) type no email in the space where you would normally type in emaill address. This way, they come off the Missing Classmate list and onto the Classmate Profiles list.
Lori

Friday, July 25, 2008 at 12:49 PM - Response #4

Thanks Brad and Lori!! Brad that is exactly what I was doing! I'll get er done!! Sometimes the most simple things are the hardest to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 07/25/08 12:51 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.