ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Guestbook

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/08/09 01:36 PM Views: 1943 Replies: 5
Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Is there a way to post a guestbook for people to sign that are not from are graduating class that visit the website. If it is the Message Forum is there anyway to change to Guestbook?

Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 1:46 PM - Response #1

Welcome Lisa.

We've had so many privacy and security issues arise here, that the direction we went was to require users to be logged in on all areas of the web site where posts/comments can be made. Otherwise, anyone, anywhere, could post something, make up names, say something slanderous, etc.

Having said that though, you can easily plug in numerous Guest Book widgets into your site. For example check out the Guest Book area at Widgetbox.

For more information about third party plugins and how to integrate them into your site:

1) Click the FAQs link above
2) Click Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #17

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 11:43 AM - Response #2

Brad,

Now that the new Threaded Forums are available, could we (or just me) have the old Message Forum renamed to Guestbook? I'd like to open this up to visitors who can not log in. I frequently get email from visitors who would like to say hello to a classmate.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
Terry

Edited 04/01/09 1:12 PM
Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 8:25 PM - Response #3

At the moment that is not possible, sorry. I'd like to make that possible for you, but I have to take into account how pressing that would be compared to a myriad of other pending things like threaded email and community photo galleries and a host of other things. It probably sounds like a simple thing on the surface, but the minute we remove the login system from the old forums it happens to all forums in the system -- everybody has the same code. And then people would want messages to have to go through admin approval and a variety of other things due to the login system being gone. Just too many other pressing things looming currently to spend time working with the old forum code.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 8:26 PM - Response #4

By the way, there's a variety of third party guest book plugins you could simply plug in that the public could write on.

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 12:10 PM - Response #5

Got it! Okay, I'll look into the plugins available Smile

Edited 04/02/09 12:10 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.