ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Slide Show

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/08/09 01:26 PM Views: 1671 Replies: 16
Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Can you put two slide shows on one page, I have tried but I am having trouble with one of them freezing up. Or do you think I should put them on two separate pages. My classmates are sending me pictures left and right so I might even have to go to 3 slide shows if I fill up another one. Thanks for any help anyone can give to me on this one.

Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 1:35 PM - Response #1

Yes you can put two slideshows on the same page. If it's freezing up tell me the exact page you're putting them on and I'll check it out. More often than not though, a freeze up issue is a local computer issue. Can't be sure until I look though.

Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM - Response #2

It is the 30th reunion page.

Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 6:19 PM - Response #3

I checked in two browsers on two computers. Seems to be working just fine. When you have a Classmate, friend or family member test the page are they reporting any freezing? My guess is it's not happening for most people.

Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 6:55 PM - Response #4

Thanks for checking I think it was only happening on the computer that I am working on. It seems to be working fine on my laptop.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 6:36 PM - Response #5

Brad, could you check my Reunion page when you have a moment? It was working fine until I added the last 'Slide' at the bottom. It had been 600 wide and I changed it to 440. My captions do not appear to be wrapping and I figure something else must be blowing it out. Thank you'
p.s. I have the newest Firefox and IE 7.0 and both browsers are showing that page blown out with the captions.

Edited 02/12/09 6:38 PM
Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 9:05 PM - Response #6

External html. Referencing styles and things that don't exist. Where are you pasting this code from? I ran a "clean up Word html" filter on the code and I think it fixed most of the issues, even though I'm not sure if this code came from Word or not. The main offender was a "nowrap" tag, which is specifically why the page was blowing out.

As a rule of thumb, paste external text into Notepad first, then recopy and paste it from there. This will remove all external html code. The minute you paste in a bunch of external html code into the system anything might happen.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 9:38 PM - Response #7

The code came straight from Slide.com; all my other slideshows are the same plug in. Weird.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 9:51 PM - Response #8

Looks great! Thanks Brad! and also thanks for the 'tip'. I also plan on reading up on html as you suggested on another post. There are things that I recognize, by just comparison; but I'd like to learn more. I saw the 'nowrap' but wasn't sure if that applied to something besides the 'slideshow'.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 11:49 PM - Response #9

Brad are you out there? LOL, I have a classmate who has a slideshow from proshow gold and i want her to upload it to the site. can this be done via her profile page? and can I then move it onto another page?

Friday, February 13, 2009 at 12:16 AM - Response #10

You can have her add the code into the youtube video slot in her profile and then you can take the code from there.

Friday, February 13, 2009 at 12:25 AM - Response #11

she's using proshow gold. are you familiar with that program? i can't get it to work on my mac. i think it's a window's program.

Friday, February 13, 2009 at 12:28 AM - Response #12

Sandi Baker wrote:

The code came straight from Slide.com; all my other slideshows are the same plug in. Weird.

The whole page was full of foreign html code, not just the slide.com object/embed code. I can't tell you where it all came from, I can only tell you it was there.

Friday, February 13, 2009 at 12:38 AM - Response #13

Oops, my bad...I thought you were responding to my message. Sorry!!

Edited 02/13/09 12:40 AM
Friday, February 13, 2009 at 12:44 AM - Response #14

I think this thread is getting confusing. Smile

With stand alone software that makes slide shows, the slide show need to be posted somewhere, such as Youtube in video format. Then you can embed the slide show on your site.

Friday, February 13, 2009 at 12:50 AM - Response #15

Thanks...I figured as much so have her uploading it to my youtube account as we "type"! I'll bow out of this forum...

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 1:55 AM - Response #16

Yeah! I finally finished our slide show page and want to share it with everyone. I love the in memory show depicting those classmates that passed away. I took off the password and will leave it off for a few days if anyone would like to take a peek!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.