ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Own Registration Form

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/07/09 02:26 PM Views: 1398 Replies: 5
Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 2:26 PM

For my reunion registration, I've created my own Word Form. How do I put this on the website and then how do I put in the paypal button. I've experimented with the Paypal button and I keep getting the button "address" and not the button.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 4:53 PM - Response #1

1) There is no particularly good way of converting a Word document to an online html document unless you do quite a bit of reformatting or build it from scratch. If you don't want to reformat or rebuild the form as a web form, your best bet is to print the Word document to PDF and then post the PDF on your web site so people can download your form just the way it looks now. A trial version of the PDF writer is available from adobe.com for 30 days for free.

2) I suspect you didn't click the Source button before pasting your PayPal button code. Here's the full instructions:

1. Log into your PayPal account
2. Click the Merchant Services tab
3. Under the "Create Buttons" options choose "Buy Now"
4. Set up your button and copy your source code to your clipboard
5. Log into your Class Creator web site
6. Go into edit mode for the page you want to put the button on
7. Click the Source button in the upper left corner
8. Paste your PayPal button code
9. Save your page
10. Preview your page live.

Edited 07/07/09 4:55 PM
Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 5:12 PM - Response #2

Brad: What's the best way to go about posting a PDF to the site--specifically our Reunion Page?

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 7:00 PM - Response #3

1) Click your Reunion Planner link.
2) Click the pencil icon to go into edit mode.
3) Scroll down until you see your editor, and click your cursor on the area of the page where you want your link to your PDF document to appear.
4) Click the chain link icon.
5) Click the File Vault tab.
6) Follow the directions on screen for uploading your PDF file to your File Vault.
7) After uploading, click the "Insert" link when you've got your PDF file selected. This will automatically drop in a link to your PDF file on your page. Reword link verbiage if desired.

Friday, August 14, 2009 at 11:42 AM - Response #4

Where is the chain link icon?

Friday, August 14, 2009 at 12:05 PM - Response #5

Welcome Claudia.

The chain link icon is located on the editor toolbar. The editor is what you use to edit any of your site pages.

FYI, be careful when pressing the spacebar more than 2 times in a row. When you do that you start putting in spaces on your page known as hard spaces. If you put in too many hard spaces in a row eventually you'll blow out your page margins. See this thread for more information.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.