ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Gallery

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/22/20 09:39 AM Views: 788 Replies: 14
Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 9:39 AM

Not sure what the problem is but I created a Gallery with about 300 pictures. Then I created another with 10 to test. The one gallery showed the pictures but the other did not show them. Now they are both showing 0 pictures. Please let me know what to do from here.
thank you

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 4:16 PM - Response #1

Hi Ray,

Please try again. We just did a series of resets on several services and it looks like that cleared it up.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 7:15 PM - Response #2

Sort of cleared up. I loaded about 10 in each gallery but everyone one is upside down. They were originally like this but I flipped them on explorer. Let me know if I missed something.

ray

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 7:34 PM - Response #3

If you flip then in explorer you need to save them as a new name. For some reason certain images (generally those taken with smart phones) are hanging onto their rotation information. If you do a save as after rotation it seems to help or you can go into the Gallery > Photos button and click the Adjust button next to the image and rotate them using the image editor in the gallery.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 7:41 PM - Response #4

I tried to flip a few on site but they do not seem to save. I hope I will not have to do this because there are a lot of files.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 7:44 PM - Response #5

I tested it and it works. The transform button - rotate, apply and save. I also tested with just save and not apply - I think you apply if you are doing more than one edit.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 8:10 PM - Response #6

jessica, that works. I was just hitting "apply". I did not see "save".
If I have to flip all of these it is going to be a mind numbing job! I may not make it thru this virus!!!

I am going to look around to see if I can find another way to flip these and still keep in the right order. WOW!

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 10:31 PM - Response #7

Preview in Windows Photo Viewer (use the older one that is better than the new one for win10, unless you have older? - LINK FOR HOW)

Now just rotate back and forth and FIXED. Now upload.

Friday, April 24, 2020 at 9:47 AM - Response #8

It is working now. Thanks
I have alot of these to do maybe 100,000 or more pictures. I am trying to find a better way to flip and save thise. I am trying Adobe. I am pretty sure Adobe and do this, the questions is more can I learn what it takes to do this on this scale? I guess I gotta get to it.

Friday, April 24, 2020 at 1:53 PM - Response #9

Only some of your pictures should have the problem. It only happens if a person rotates their device (phone). There is information in an image (metadata) that tells a program it is "rotated" and to adjust when displayed. The CC program ignores this data. Since you don't know which ones require just process all of them.

Paintshop Pro is one program that can automate the process. Ive never done this, but looks simple. I think resize would automatically fix it all. EXIF removal might also work.

LINK TO PROGRAM AND INFO

You can find deals if the "free" version has some sort of limit. It's a pretty decent progam. Free version should at least let you see if it works.

Friday, April 24, 2020 at 2:14 PM - Response #10

Adobe worked!

Since these yearbooks are going to take a lot of space can I buy more space?

Friday, April 24, 2020 at 3:29 PM - Response #11

You can buy storage space. Increments of 50 MB cost $3/month. Contact CC Admin for more details.

The cheapest way to add storage space is during the annual subscription extension specials offered by CC, where they throw in free storage space along with the subscription. You could get an extra 1 gibabyte in the latest special, which has expired. Through these extensions, we now have 5.2 GB. Wish I could donate some to you!

Edited 04/24/20 6:04 PM
Friday, April 24, 2020 at 7:13 PM - Response #12

Hi Ray.... you don't need more space....
File Vault Space Used:   691.99 MB of available 3000 MB (at 23.07% capacity)

Smile

Saturday, April 25, 2020 at 1:36 PM - Response #13

2.3 GB might work. It depends on the size of the images and if they need to be resized.Typical 800x700 jpg is around 150-200KB. 100,000 is a very large number.

100,000*150KB= 1,500,000KB
100,000*200KB= 2,000,000KB

If the gallery has to resize, the actual size can increase dramatically. It is best to set the size and compression used on your system below 1000px wide to avoid resizing.

Try some and check on the space used before you do all of them. You can use probably use Adobe to resize below 1000px since that's the threshold where things can go wild Idea Set the compression factor and check one image to see what size you end up with.

Edited 04/25/20 1:36 PM
Saturday, April 25, 2020 at 3:50 PM - Response #14

I am resizing as many as I can. We will see if Scott is right.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.