ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Members not getting Notifications

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/19/19 08:23 PM Views: 1054 Replies: 9
Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 8:23 PM

I have been contacted by two members who say they are no longer getting notifications. Both have gone to their profile and verified that they are indeed set up to receive the notifications. And until recently they did recieve the notifications. Has anyone else had this problem.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 5:01 PM - Response #1

May I have their names so I can look at their profiles?

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 10:08 PM - Response #2

James (Jim) Belding
Jacqueline Wilson Shepler

I noticed that both had Comcast emails and did suggest to Jim that might be the problem.

Jackie went ahead and changed her email address and I have not heard back from her to see if that resolved her problem.

Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 12:57 PM - Response #3

Actually, Shepler is gmail. You can suggest that Belding add an alternate email to his profile to see if emails are delivered to the alternate account. As for Shepler, see if they have checked their spam / junk folder for messages.

Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 4:04 PM - Response #4

Yes, Shepler had changed her email address from Comcast to Gmail when I suggested to them both that perhaps it was a Comcast issue. I have not heard back from Shepler to see if that corrected the issue. But I did receive this from Mr Belding today: "I am suddenly receiving notifications again. WTF."

Hopefully that is the end of the problem. Thanks for your response.

Edited 02/21/19 4:05 PM
Monday, July 22, 2019 at 8:06 AM - Response #5

I have one member who is not receiving notifications, nor can he see messages to him (birthday greetings, for example) when viewing his own profile. He has updated his e-mail address and password, and I've had him clear cookies and browsing history on his machine (a Mac). He's considering taking his device to a service facility, but all other functions outside of our web site seem to be performing normally. Before he goes to that expense, what else can we do to assist him?

Monday, July 22, 2019 at 4:54 PM - Response #6

May I have this last name so I can take a closer look at his profile?

Monday, July 22, 2019 at 5:33 PM - Response #7

Bullock.

Thanks!

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 1:30 PM - Response #8

This might be a godaddy issue for her. I see that they have a custom domain name for their email address and it is registered with godaddy.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM - Response #9

Scott,

Thanks for looking into it. I have e-mailed the member and suggested trying a gmail address instead.

If the problem continues, I'll get back to you.

Bill

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.