ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Message Forum; No Activity

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/08/10 11:13 PM Views: 1357 Replies: 9
Sunday, August 8, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I am not shocked that my classmates, Class of 1960, basically seem not to go near Message Forum.

What I AM SHOCKED about is that a week or so ago, I sent out essentially an email to classmates to please Pay for their Reunion registration, as plans need to be made. For a lack of better description, an aggressive collection letter..... LOL. They are now treating that email like a FORUM!!!!

Everybody is chiming in on the Reunion by replying to that letter!

Anyway, I am trying to think of a way to indicate to them, they can do the same thing by just clicking on our simple Message Forum.

Any suggestions/ideas to encourage older classmates to use the Forum.

Sunday, August 8, 2010 at 11:39 PM - Response #1

I was thinking about this as I left to feed my goats and put them away into the barn for the night....LOL, some of my biggest ideas come during those "calm" moments.

Anyway, I have tried both forums, Message Forum and User Forum, no activity. Message Forum is far easier, and a good thing to get my classmates started.

It would be really nice if there was some kind of Notification automatically occur at top of Home Page or something that there is a new Response in the Message Forum. Perhaps also an option to Blast Email everyone automatically when a new Message Forum posting has occurred. I could turn that option on and off, as the traffic changes, if I wanted.

My collection email (still can't believe that) essentially does just as described above. Everyone on that list got an email for a new response. Something simimlarly to the comparatively simplistic Message Forum might just do the trick to stimulate a flow of conversation.

Someday I'll post a picture of my 7 nice little goats....I think I will be a Goat Herder when I get old and retire, better than a Walmart Greeter!!!

Monday, August 9, 2010 at 10:05 AM - Response #2

I'll let others chime in on this topic, but stay tuned for the new notification system (will include several notifications users can opt into) probably launching around September/October.

Monday, August 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM - Response #3

Brad Switzer wrote:

I'll let others chime in on this topic, but stay tuned for the new notification system (will include several notifications users can opt into) probably launching around September/October.

GREAT! Thanks Brad. I am in process of a small "trickery" to hopefully get them using Forum. I sent a "Message Center" email to all my registered Classmates on a general subject to Welcome newly registered classmates past 10 days (there was for us quite an influx, 7 in 10 days).

I think they will all start replying to that email and sending messages and comments to each other..... After a few days, I will send another response "Derrell's Computer Training 101", that GUESS WHAT, you guys are doing a forum based upon this email, responding to all!!!!

Then, I need to pattern a easy to understand...how to use the blankety blank Forum, IT'S FUN, just like THIS.LaughingLaughing

Monday, August 9, 2010 at 10:48 AM - Response #4

I would like to see something like a Blog, where classmates can opt in to receive RSS feeds and able to comment. It would also allow for the reunion committee to send out updates on what is new either on the website or with the planning. I'm sure Brad that you've already thought about something like this.

Monday, August 9, 2010 at 10:52 AM - Response #5

Ava Cartwright wrote:

I would like to see something like a Blog, where classmates can opt in to receive RSS feeds and able to comment. It would also allow for the reunion committee to send out updates on what is new either on the website or with the planning. I'm sure Brad that you've already thought about something like this.

Hey Ava, I hadn't thought of that, but that would be GREAT! What do you think Brad? Course, I want to keep them in the Website as much as possible, so not too sure of RSS feeds (but I am open to try anything to get more activity).

Monday, August 9, 2010 at 10:58 AM - Response #6

Of course we want them to come to the website, that way when we send updates, we just entice them to see what the changes are, that way when they do receive the RSS feed, they click the link and viola, their at their home page. Wouldn't this also allow for automatic updates to Facebook?

Monday, August 9, 2010 at 11:08 AM - Response #7

Sounds great to me Ava....agree!!

Monday, August 9, 2010 at 11:11 AM - Response #8

Yes. The new "Notify Me!" feature will be pretty extensive. Once it launches if we've omitted anything I know you guys will tell us. Smile

Monday, August 9, 2010 at 12:43 PM - Response #9

Oh good, looking forward to its release.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.