ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Sie Message Forum

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/16/10 07:32 AM Views: 1371 Replies: 3
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Hi - after 2 1/2 years people are now using our message forum on the site - posting all the great comments about the reunion. Is there a way to receive alerts that there is a posting?

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 8:18 AM - Response #1

No. The Message Forum is just a list of content with no e-mail associated with it. If your classmates started using the USER FORUMS (you have it labeled "COMMITTEE ONLY") then you could get notices because it is the same forum that you are using here.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 8:34 AM - Response #2

I see - but we want to keep the Committee Only password protected. And I really doubt that the classmates will use it that way - most use Facebook for that kind of communications. I just didn't want to miss anything. I will just have to make a habit of checking. I'm there frequently enough I think - it's always someone's birthday or something. THANKS

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 8:56 AM - Response #3

There is an ADMIN FORUMS that you could use for your "Committee Only" forums. You could make all of your committee have admin rights, but only give them access to the ADMIN FORUMS. Then there doesn't appear to the other classmates that they are restricted from anything on the website. But it is probably too late for that because you have lots of messages already in there.

The USER FORUMS can have MANY DIFFERENT FORUMS. You only have one forum, "Reunion Committee General Discussions", You could have another forum for classmates if you wanted.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.