ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photos on classmate profile

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/30/14 06:19 PM Views: 1998 Replies: 13
Monday, June 30, 2014 at 6:19 PM

My question is:
I have a classmate who filled out his profile and added 4 pictures. However, if I look at his profile in "edit mode" and click on the small picture in the upper right corner, a window opens and it's named "Photo Gallery". That window contains 110 pictures! Are those pictures stored on the site? Are they taking up precious byte space?
Perhaps a better question is:
Can I limit (from the administration end) how many photos can be added to a profile?

Barbara Rose

Monday, June 30, 2014 at 9:27 PM - Response #1

Hi Barbara,

Photos added by a classmate IN their profile do NOT count towards storage in your File Vault.

Smile, you are not losing storage space. Smile

Welcome to Class Creator!

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 at 8:13 AM - Response #2

Phew!

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 at 8:39 AM - Response #3

Smile Barbara! Cool

Sunday, July 6, 2014 at 12:53 PM - Response #4

On the class members profile pictures why can't you rotate them like in gallery. Someone has pictures that are side ways. Need to some how let class members be sure they download their pictures in correctly. Any suggestions how to correct these pictures?

Monday, July 7, 2014 at 3:43 PM - Response #5

The profiles no longer use the Flash based image uploader. We have been moving away from Flash over the past few years. The one in the gallery is one of the remaining relics that we have not yet abandoned. But I would expect to move away from that in the future as well.

Monday, July 7, 2014 at 4:01 PM - Response #6

I had the same problem with some pictures uploaded by classmates. I ended up downloading them to my own computer and editing them. I deleted the photo on the website and uploaded the picture again. A few additional steps but it worked.

Friday, August 8, 2014 at 1:29 PM - Response #7

Thanks for the tip, Bonnie - that worked perfectly!

Monday, August 25, 2014 at 2:29 PM - Response #8

Another question on pictures.
When you click on the picture to view picture and click edit details, and then add information of who it is etc.. What does this do? It doesn't show when you view the picture to let class members know who the picture is? javascript:addSmiley('Rolling Eyes');

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 11:49 AM - Response #9

It should. When you use Edit Details to add a caption, that should appear under the photo when it's viewed.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 12:19 PM - Response #10

You are correct. I had to scroll clear to the bottom in The Gallery to see the words. It doesn't show up on new items added.

Thanks for clearing that up. Now who was I checking that for? kk

Sunday, September 7, 2014 at 8:21 PM - Response #11

I also have classmates with sideways pictures on their profile page. I checked with one classmate who wants to know how to rotate the picture, it was oriented correctly when it was uploaded to the site. Can classmates fix this themselves?

Monday, September 8, 2014 at 4:49 PM - Response #12

There is not a way to rotate the images in the system. You would need to save the image to your computer, rotate it, and then re-upload the image. You can do this, or classmates can do this themselves.

Monday, September 8, 2014 at 7:32 PM - Response #13

Notice the post said "it was oriented correctly when it was uploaded".

To fix all they need to so is just save it again from any editor and upload again.

The "bug" in CC code is that it is not interpreting metadata correctly. That has the orientation of the picture as taken. IOW if you rotate a camera, etc.

This needs to be a sticky since this probably the 10th time this has been noted Wink

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.