ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Upcoming Birhtdays

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/08/09 12:25 AM Views: 1605 Replies: 7
Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 12:25 AM

After manually entering classmates' birthday info in their detail, It is not posting on the homepage. However, the one February bday was entered, but only select birthdays for March appear on my homepage. What am I doing wrong?

By the way I did edit the homepage and checked the birthday display box.

Edited 02/08/09 12:27 AM
Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 1:26 AM - Response #1

Upcoming Birthdays shows any Birthday coming up within the next 30 days. I suspect the March Birthdays you're not seeing are further than 30 days out.

Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 8:39 AM - Response #2

I ran into this too, some time ago. It turns out that the missing birthdays were people who had selected not to have their birthday show in their profile. If they do that, their birthday will not appear on the homepage list.

Diana

Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM - Response #3

Oh that's a very good point, thanks Diana.

Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 8:54 AM - Response #4

Just noticed that classmates' birthdays are displayed at the bottom of my home page. Is that the default? Can that be displayed closer to the top, right hand side of the Home Page? And is there a way to automatically send a birthday greeting to each classmate who elects to enter their birthday in their profile?

Thanks for all you do,

Bo

Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 9:37 AM - Response #5

Bo,

You can change this by going to the Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page, then using the RED/GREEN arrows to move it where you want. You currently have the birthdays in the MAIN CONTENT area. You can also move the birthdays to the RIGHT SIDE MODULE (click on the link "Move to right modules" ) and after doing that, move it up/down there, too.

There is currently no way to automatically send a birthday greeting to classmates on their birthday. I think that the next time the PREFERENCES page is modified, that option will be added to the standard e-mails that are possible.

Thursday, July 27, 2023 at 11:53 AM - Response #6

Is it possible to check why a birthday is missing. The member gave permission for classmates to view her birthday and she is telling me it’s never listed.

Thursday, July 27, 2023 at 12:47 PM - Response #7

Make sure she also added her birthday herself under Member Functions > Edit Contact info

It shows for 30 days before and until the day after their birthday when it drops off.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.