ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Admin notification when message posted

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/09/12 10:59 PM Views: 1392 Replies: 8
Monday, July 9, 2012 at 10:59 PM

First of all, our reunion was a smashing success! Now, classmates are posting messages. Is there a button I can push that notifies me when someone posts on the Message Board? Hopefully!

Lynn Vega Pierce
North Miami Class of 1962

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 12:05 AM - Response #1

Lynn,

Try the new NOTIFY ME feature. One of the options is "A new response is posted in the Message Forum" and you currently have it set to "NEVER"

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 8:00 AM - Response #2

where is the message board you are talking about??

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM - Response #3

The "Message Forum" can be activated on the Edit Site Pages, "Message Forum", then click the ACTIVE checkbox.

I am not sure what "Message Board" you are talking about. I thought you were talking about the Message Forum, but just noticed that you don't have it active.

If you are talking about your User Forums, you can subscribe to each message thread at the bottom of each message.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM - Response #4

Oops! I thought Betty was Lynn. Sorry. Betty doesn't have the "Message Forum" activated. Lynn does have "Message Forum" active

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 1:03 PM - Response #5

The "Notify Me" is a nice page -- I didn't know it was even there. Kyle, it seems that you used to send out notices when something new was added to the site. Since we have had our big reunion -- and I might mention -- at a great success, mainly because of this website, I do not log on as much as i used to. So, it would really be nice to know about these updates so I can let our classmates know about them, too. I have just stumbled onto some of them and a couple of times classmates have let me know. After using the site for several years I think I know it all when I really don't know the new things at all

Great job!
Thanks,
Jim

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 5:35 PM - Response #6

Brad was going to send out a NEW FEATURE ANNOUNCEMENT but hasn't done that yet. He has been busy lately. I am sure you will see a new feature announcement soon.

Friday, July 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM - Response #7

Brad's email has been received. The question I have now is Will we as administrators have any access to how a classmate completes this Notify Me section? Will this be a tab on their profile?

George

Friday, July 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM - Response #8

No, the admin won't have access to change the classmate's NOTIFY ME options.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.