ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Former school

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/18/15 12:33 PM Views: 1344 Replies: 13
Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 12:33 PM

We were the first graduating class from a new school, with student from at least two other high schools.
Is there a way to indicate for each classmates, which school they came from?

Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 1:28 PM - Response #1

Currently, the only way is to add something in parenthesis after their last names. Like "Smith (Westmont East)"

Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 2:11 PM - Response #2

Hi Kyle. Alan's question prompts a memory. Folks from 3 different junior high schools, Kernersville Raiders, Walkertow Wolftown, and Glenn Bobcats 'fed' into a single high school. 3 or 4 years ago, I inquired about having the option to add an 'icon' for each junior high middle school beside the person's name (similar to the military icon). If my memory is a correct one - CC was working on something at the time that would have allowed for me to designate using the 3 mascot icons. This fell off our radar screen -- glad it's resurfaced - as I'm still interesting in displaying a designation beside each classmate's name. Hope you'll revisit this. Very Happy

Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 2:23 PM - Response #3

We would utilize this feature if it were available, as we had three junior highs feeding into our high school.
Perhaps allowing each individual to upload their own logo which would appear with their name would be advantageous.

Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 2:48 PM - Response #4

I hope add'l replies continue to flow in ---- to incent CC to make the option available. Very Happy

Had to laugh out loud when re-reading my earlier post. the 3 junior high schools feeding into my high school were the Kernersville Raiders, Walkertown Wolfpack, and Glenn Bobcats. I butchered the Walkertown name in 1st post.

Either allowing the classmate to upload the logo - or an Admin --- let's make this happen!

Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 2:59 PM - Response #5

We had 11 schools that fed into our HS School. No middle schools in ChiTown. I added a question what elem school did you go to?

You could add a question in the profile section. Which feeder school did you come from??? or something like that. Put the question to be near the top of the profile page.

Just a thought.

Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 2:59 PM - Response #6

That feature is still on the "Future Design" issues. In my opinion, I would have preferred this "Custom Icons" to some of the other features that have been developed, but I am just a contractor and do not attend the planning meetings where the next feature is being planned out.

I guess that higher priority issues/features got in the way of this feature. Don't give up on this feature though.

As I said in my original post, the "something in parenthesis after their last name" is currently the best way to do this.

Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 3:04 PM - Response #7

Kyle,
I do that exact same thing as you suggest on the three other class sites from my school that I am a guest on.

Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 3:25 PM - Response #8

One of my profile questions also asked the classmate to tell which junior high they attended - but I would still welcome seeing an icon beside their name when looking at all classmate names

Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 4:20 PM - Response #9

Lots of great discussions and ideas.

We have a class of 452 (about half have joined our website). We came from two junior highs and many grade schools (some were only 1 or 2 sections per grade).

We held our 35th reunion this summer and invited classes of 1979 and 1981. To designate different classes, we simply added '79 or '81 for the classmate last names from those years and designated them as "guests" on the website so their names are grouped together.

Custom icons would be nice, but even a notation on profiles would be good. You could add that question to the profiles and send an email to the class to tell them the new question has been added. What about a survey "School origins" where people would indicate where they went to school. I think people could add their names in a comment box so you can get a count from the survey as well as see classmates names.

At your next reunion, maybe take group photos to show grade schools and junior highs.

Sunday, July 19, 2015 at 8:15 AM - Response #11

Wondering why CC does not put out a survey prior to a new planning meeting with all the new choices that are being discussed. It might help to get your customers opinion in the form of a survey.

Monday, July 20, 2015 at 4:31 PM - Response #13

The custom icons project is still being developed and has proven to be a much larger task than imagined. I'm certain that when it is ready, Brad will make an announcement.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.