ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Responsive Design Background Uploads

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/06/16 12:30 PM Views: 1810 Replies: 14
Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 12:30 PM

I think I'm losing it.

I'm now using the Responsive Design but can't seem to work out how to load a snow background image that is saved in my File Vault. Help, please, before Christmas comes and goes without a flake falling on my site. Thanks.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 12:05 PM - Response #1

The background image for the site is not currently supporting animated gifs. However a request has been made to have them do so in the future.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 1:44 PM - Response #2

To -temporarily- use an animated gif use this code - replace sample 'URL' with YOUR animated GIF from the file vault.

Test first using a new page. Insert using Source Mode in the editor.

If you want this on all the pages, insert the code in Preferences - Google section. Don't forget to remove since this now controls the image. Other background settings still set by other choices.

P.S. For others, this is specifically for how his page is set - 'fixed'. That has a 'body' background image.

Edited 12/07/16 1:47 PM
Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 1:52 PM - Response #3

Many thanks Scott and Jack. Unfortunately, I haven't yet received notification that you'd both posted a response and found out what to do via Change Design, Body, Background Image. However, the Gif I downloaded, which worked on the old design, wouldn't, as Scott said, with the Responsive Design. It also knocked out some of my right hand column.

If I had known all the trouble I was going to get with Responsive Design I'd never have gone down that road. It certainly isn't the finished article and I do feel as if I've been used as a guinea pig.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 2:06 PM - Response #4

You can make it animated again by inserting the code I posted and linking to your file vault GIF. Current RespDesign is behaving like the "image" file upload and strips animation frames. That hasn't been fixed for years Cool

You can leave the other changes you made. Only one image will show, except it will be animated with that code.

What part of the right hand side is knocked out? Looks OK here.

These forum's posts are pretty erratic being sent as email notifications - It's best to click "What's NEW" to see what's been posted.

Monday, January 16, 2017 at 12:59 PM - Response #5

Any Chance we might get something for Spring?? Like maybe flowers?? That would pretty much cover every season...

Monday, January 16, 2017 at 1:39 PM - Response #6

Did you mean in place of my sample background GIF with snow? Or for my script that is now using snow?

If the latter, that's an idea too. I can look for some flower image or you can too and post here if you see something cool.

You can replace the stock options with any image(s). The 'canned' stuff is to make it easier.

Monday, January 16, 2017 at 5:00 PM - Response #7

Animated gifs should now be supported in the background for the Responsive Design.

Monday, January 16, 2017 at 9:21 PM - Response #8

So Scott, do you have a recommendation for something that remind us of Spring???

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 7:25 AM - Response #9

Paul, I tend to leave those recommendations for our expert admins as they typically provide a wealth of information.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 11:02 PM - Response #10

Scott can you fix my "Message Forum" page. I forgot to put an end tag on a animated gif I was trying and I can't seem to edit or delete my post....

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 4:15 PM - Response #11

I will need to have the programmer take a look at this and see if he can remove the broken code.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 6:08 PM - Response #12

Thanks Scott, I left the end tag off ""

If somehow the programmer could delete that post, it would be great...

Right now the "Message Forum" is unusable.

Monday, January 23, 2017 at 12:06 PM - Response #13

Paul, the programmer needed to removed the last post to fix this issue. Thanks

Monday, January 23, 2017 at 8:55 PM - Response #14

Thanks Scott, that's what I would trying to do also... but every time I selected "Delete" nothing happened..

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.