ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmate deletion/hide

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/10/11 12:49 PM Views: 1144 Replies: 2
Monday, October 10, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I just had a classmate request to be removed from our site. His reason was that none of his friends ever contacted him. He has severe health challenges (poor health, cancer etc.).

I have helped him a lot with his profile and the site and did not want to remove him in case he decided to return. He attended our 50th in a wheel chair and had a good time (by his comments after the reunion).

Although I cannot make his decision for him, I wanted to retain his profile and also keep him from showing on the site. I checked "Show On Class List:    " and he disappeared from the list. It seems that he is no longer on the site.

He does not want to receive any emails, however, as admin I would like access to his profile in case a classmate would like to contact him.

Is there a way to reinstate his profile? or is he permanently removed and his profile lost?

Thanks in advance, Abe

Edited 10/10/11 12:54 PM
Monday, October 10, 2011 at 12:59 PM - Response #1

The "Show on Class List" NO means they want to be an invisible browser of your website. If you go to MANAGE CLASSMATES, Enter/Edit Classmates, then scroll down to the very bottom, you will see your classmate. Since they are invisible, they only have DETAILS (no profile), but the profile information is really there and if you change back to GUEST or SHOW ON CLASS LIST: YES, the profile will be editable again.

For him to not receive any e-mails, you should change his e-mail from "ABC@aol.com" to "NOMAIL_ABC.aol.com" or something like that. That way, he won't receive any "e-mail the class" messages. (you will get a bounceback for this classmate)

Monday, October 10, 2011 at 1:11 PM - Response #2

Thanks for your quick response . . .

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.