ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Birthday not showing on Home Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/08/17 11:31 AM Views: 739 Replies: 10
Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 11:31 AM

Last year, a classmate forgot to input her Birthday. I put it on thru Manage Classmates. A few days ago, her birthday didn't appear. Can you please tell me what I need to do for her birthday to appear. Thank you.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 1:10 PM - Response #1

On the Edit Profile page for the classmate, did you check the box that says, "Allow Classmates to view my Birthday. This option allows Classmates to see your Date of Birth in your Profile and on the home page 30 days prior to your Birthday."

Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 1:22 PM - Response #2

I think only the classmate can do this.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 1:34 PM - Response #3

I'm not sure about that, Jack. I was able to check/uncheck the box for a classmate. I didn't click on SAVE CHANGES, but I was able to check/uncheck the box. That said, I would only click on SAVE CHANGES if I had the classmate's permission!

Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 1:45 PM - Response #4

We shall see. Another October birthday was added by me. I checked the box. Can tech support please comment if only the classmate must fill in their Birthday. Thank you.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 2:01 PM - Response #5

Yup we'll see. It would be advisable to NOT allow an admin to control personal preferences like that. But inconsistencies are not a new thing here Very Happy

Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 2:24 PM - Response #6

" Can tech support please comment if only the classmate must fill in their Birthday." ... yes. The system recognizes that an admin entered the birthday rather than the member volunteering the information.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 2:40 PM - Response #7

Thanks,Scott. Should I tell a classmate to delete their Birthday (which I put in) and add it themselves?

Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 4:41 PM - Response #8

You can remove it for them and then they can add it back in.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 5:39 PM - Response #9

Thanks, Jessica!

Monday, June 19, 2017 at 5:50 PM - Response #10

I removed the birthdays and sent 2 classmates an individual email June 8 suggesting they add their Birthday. As of today, neither one added their Birthday, and the irony is come next year, both classmates will question why their Birthday is missing from the monthly Birthday list which appears on our website!

Edited 06/20/17 11:52 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.