ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Preferencs

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/30/11 01:52 PM Views: 1533 Replies: 17
Friday, September 30, 2011 at 1:52 PM

My class officers want me to continue to be the root administrator, but want to change who automatic e mails and updates come from. If I go to the preferences page can I put another Admins name and e mail address without changeing the root admin?

JIM

Friday, September 30, 2011 at 2:21 PM - Response #1

Jim,

Yes, you can change that e-mail address and who it is from. To change the Root Admin, you would need to select another admin from the drop-down menu at the top of the PREFERENCES page.

Friday, September 30, 2011 at 2:30 PM - Response #2

Kyle--

Jim did not want to "change the Root Admin". He wants to continue as Root Admin but have the e-mail come from a different person. Wouldn't that require Platinum status and multiple e-mails?

Guy K. Haas,
Root Admin for Claremont High (California) '61

Edited 09/30/11 2:41 PM
Friday, September 30, 2011 at 2:39 PM - Response #3

I only told him that if he did the drop-down, it would change the root admin. I didn't say that was a necessary step.

Even WITHOUT the Platinum membership, this section is available on PREFERENCES:

EMAIL ADDRESS AND SENDER NAME

Site Email Address:    
This email address is appended to all automated emails generated from your site. Recommendation: Use your personal email address, or set up a separate email box and enter the address above if you wish to separate your web site emails from your personal emails.

Email "From" Name:    
Recommendation: Use your own name, the name of another Site Administrator, or the name of your School and Class.

Email The Class:    When using the "Email The Class" feature, display: The Sending Administrator's name and a default email address. The Email "From" Name and Site Email Address, above.

Friday, September 30, 2011 at 2:40 PM - Response #4

Thanks guys.....I think I have it....

Sure will let you know if I don't

JIM

Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 5:01 PM - Response #5

Ok....I went to preferences, changed the e mail address of the website, changed the name of From e mail individual. However, when a class mate clicks the contact us link, my name shows up on the Send an E mail to page. As long as I am root Admin will that remain like that?

JIM

Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 10:49 PM - Response #6

The EDIT SITE PAGES, Edit Contact Us page, if you leave the content blank, your name will appear. If you type anything you want, it won't say your name anymore.

Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 12:44 AM - Response #7

Can you explain in more detail.
I went to Edit pages and then contact us and nothing seems to change for me.

J

Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 1:02 AM - Response #8

Edit Site Pages, Edit Contact Us. Now type "Welcome to the XXXX high school website. Use the form below to contact YYYYY about the website". Replace XXXX with your high school name. Replace YYYYY with the name of the admin you want to contact.

If you leave the Content Editor blank, you will get the default message :

Send a Message to YOUR NAME HERE, Site Administrator:

Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 1:43 PM - Response #9

Ok that seems to work now....but what e mail address will the message go to?

Do all Admins get a copy of it?

J

Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 6:51 PM - Response #10

When you create an admin (Manage Classmates, DETAILS page of the classmate), you can grant admin access to what e-mails they will receive. if you want this admin to receive a CONTACT US e-mail, check the appropriate box.

Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 7:55 PM - Response #11

When does the e mail addresss in the e mail address and sender name appear? ONLY on automated e mails?

J

Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 8:18 PM - Response #12

Sorry, I didn't understand that question.

Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 10:05 PM - Response #13

Under Preferences there is a section for E Mail Address and Sender Name. Are those used only when we e mail the entire class and they respond back? If not then when is that e mail address used?

Am I driving you nuts with these stupid questions?

J

Edited 10/02/11 10:06 PM
Monday, October 3, 2011 at 12:18 PM - Response #14

Hi Jim,

That address is only used as the sending address on the automatic emails configured on the preferences page and when using the "Email the Class" function.

Monday, October 3, 2011 at 12:52 PM - Response #15

So if I personally "e mail the class" My specific name does not appear on the e mail....correct?

My name only appears when I personally e mail a specfic classmate from the Classmate profiles page..

Appreciate the information....thanks all of you..

JIM

Monday, October 3, 2011 at 12:56 PM - Response #16

If your contact email in your profile differs from the site email address, you can select which email address to use when emailing the class.

Monday, October 3, 2011 at 1:58 PM - Response #17

COOL......thanks Eric

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.