ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Website Tutor

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/25/09 10:44 AM Views: 1466 Replies: 8
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 10:44 AM

I am new and am in the process of building my reunion site and have LOTS of questions.

Is there anyone who can tutor me on everything?

Yes, I know the site is very user friendly but I am doing this all on my own in addition to the entire planning of my reunion so I am a little overwhelmed.

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 11:12 AM - Response #1

I wish I could tutor you because I know that it can seem like there's so much to do and you may not be able to get it together without help. I was like that when I started mine a little over a month ago but honestly posting topics for help will work.
What helped me was looking at others sites to see what they've done and also using the building blocks section to borrow graphics worked wonders too.
Trust yourself that you can do a great job! You just might surprise yourself.
Hope someone can come along to work with you a little more.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 1:21 PM - Response #2

I agree. You've already found your tutor. It's us, and all of the generous people who help out others here. Nothing in this forum goes unanswered. You ask, you get an answer. That's how it works. I also agree with the above in that you're likely to figure out most things on your own. There's a lot to do and I understand it can seem daunting. Nonetheless, I'm willing to bet in a short period of time you'll start feeling like an old pro.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM - Response #3

I will send Melanie an e-mail offering to help.

Edited 08/25/09 1:40 PM
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 1:30 PM - Response #4

Hey Melanie - you will find this site so easy to use and everyone is so helpful. I'm probably one of the most "computer illerate" people you will ever meet, but I have basically set up our site by myself and have even added the senior pictures to each person's profile and am now in the process of making name badges and putting the picture on that! I am so surprised at myself and I know you will be too. Don't hesitate to ask anything....someone will already have had the same problems or questions and will be able to help you.

Good luck and have fun!!!
Brenda

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 1:30 PM - Response #5

Step one would be to go to the home page of Class Creator and follow the easy instructions the guy gives you in setting up your school site...
Once you have the basic site created, then you can read through the FAQ's and the Share Tips page to find answers to most of your questions..

The CC support team and other administrators who have been in your shoes are here to help you..

Good luck and have fun....

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 5:55 PM - Response #6

Brad is right. We are all here to help you. I knew very little about computers when I first started. Through trial and error and never giving up, along with the fantastic support network here of the CC team as well as other administrators, I have learned and am still learning a lot.

Don't hesitate to ask. One bonus that they don't tell you about is the friends you will make here in the CC community.

Best of luck!

Tam

Thursday, August 27, 2009 at 4:42 PM - Response #7

can you tell me, in laymens terms how to add hs pictures to the profile page.
Thanks,
Janine

Thursday, August 27, 2009 at 8:41 PM - Response #8

Janine Silverman wrote:

can you tell me, in laymens terms how to add hs pictures to the profile page.
Thanks,
Janine

Welcome Janine,

If I understand your question right, you want to upload your Yearbook/Senior photos to each classmate's profile. Is that right?

If this isn't what you meant, please respond again and let us know what you really mean.

The first step would be to scan all/some of the yearbook photos in order to get ready. After a few of the photos are scanned, you can follow these steps. (taken from FAQs link above, question #9)

Where is this Yearbook slot to which I upload Senior photos? Can Classmates upload Yearbook photos, or only Site Administrators?

Answer: Only Site Administrators can upload Yearbook Photos. Classmates can of course upload any photos they want into their Profiles, but the Yearbook Photo slot (the photo that appears in the upper right corner of a Classmate's Profile) is restricted to Administrator access only. We restrict this so Site Administrators who choose to scan and upload Yearbook Photos can keep the photos consistent site wide for all Classmates.

If you wish to upload Yearbook photos for your Classmates follow these steps:

1. Click on Manage Classmates
2. Click on the Enter/Edit Classmates Manually button
3. Click the "Add" link under the Senior Photo column.
4. Click the "Browse" button next to the Yearbook Photo field to select a Classmate's Yearbook photo from your hard drive, then click the "Save Changes" button.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.