ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Things I wish For

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/21/13 12:49 PM Views: 887 Replies: 2
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM

1. I wish I could have a comment box when I create a page. For example, I made a page called 2013 Reunion Report and wanted feedback and or questions.

2. Wish I could protect my pictures from being copied. I see many from my 2011 reunion all over the internet even on pages not relevant.

3. Wish I could send a message many people at the same time from the site. We have formed a reunion committee I created a User Forum for hem and and I want to send one message to all of them at the same time with the password among other things.
I have other wishes but these I wish for, for now.

If any of my wishes already exist and I did not yet figure how to implement them, please tell me how to do so. Thanks

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 2:30 PM - Response #1

The capability to send a message to many people at the same time already exists. From E-Mail the Class you can send messages to as many people as you choose either by selecting them from the listing each time or creating a custom mailing list.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 5:19 PM - Response #2

Clair Leesang wrote:

1. I wish I could have a comment box when I create a page. For example, I made a page called 2013 Reunion Report and wanted feedback and or questions.

2. Wish I could protect my pictures from being copied. I see many from my 2011 reunion all over the internet even on pages not relevant.

3. Wish I could send a message many people at the same time from the site. We have formed a reunion committee I created a User Forum for hem and and I want to send one message to all of them at the same time with the password among other things.
I have other wishes but these I wish for, for now.

If any of my wishes already exist and I did not yet figure how to implement them, please tell me how to do so. Thanks

Hi Clair!

I understand what you are saying and want. They are good ideas! Yet some of it can be done... let's look at it one-by-one:

1) Copy & Paste your 2013 Reunion Report to a SURVEY page. You can put it in the text and add the comment box as the one and only question. You can move it where you want to on the EDIT SITE PAGES page.

2) I see you have your class site across each photo. A watermark is the same but once a photo is out there... it is out there. Since your pages are password protected, it could be a member who copied and shared one or more on Facebook or elsewhere or the pages were open for a time.

3) Under ADMIN FUNCTIONS is the ADMIN FORUM. That is a perfect place for your reunion committee to organize. It is hidden from your membership.

When you go into it, go to Forum Preferences. Turn it ON and rename it Reunion Committee (something). SAVE the changes and then Add/Edit Forums to add different topics. That will keep things organized and under your each thread, you will find "Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email" at the bottom of the page. Have each committee member choose these options. And Clair... you can see who is subscribed to each thread by clicking on the last item "Show members who are subscribed to this forum". Smile

I would do as FC suggests and others have recently suggested in these forums, under Email the Class set up "My Mailing Lists" option three. You can add your reunion committee members to one list. This would work great for everything not addressed in the ADMIN FORUMS (or whatever you call it).

So we pretty much have your wishes handled... okay, with exception of the photos. Two out of three is pretty good!

Oh and a hint... post 'wishes' under SUGGESTIONS and FEEDBACK rather than the General Discussion. Smile

Hope some of this is helpful, Clair!

Edited 08/27/13 6:15 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.