ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Home Page theme has changed

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/14/13 06:23 PM Views: 969 Replies: 6
Monday, January 14, 2013 at 6:23 PM

The format of my home page changed from one day to the next.
The picture of James Dean is partially overlaid with the Member functions links,
The picture pinned to the top right of the banner does not show and the site logo is no longer displayed. Has some thing changed in Class Creator or has something gone wrong with both of my computers - one an iMac with Safari and Chrome browses and one a PC with IE6 and Chrome?
Will the next upgrade of Class Creator (after the Wednesday webinar have any effect on this?

Monday, January 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM - Response #1

I am not sure, but maybe some code was put back to the system when preparing for the upgrade that caused this issue. I will check with the programmers.

The new templates are supposed to be wider, which could change the James Dean photo.

Monday, January 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM - Response #2

Some of our single year sites that have those decade templates are that way, too. Some with school logo/photo on upper right, some just the pin holdig nothing.

Monday, January 14, 2013 at 7:12 PM - Response #3

Ack. Sorry about that. I know what's causing that. We're getting ready for a major change to the entire system in a few days. Part of that change includes grouping Change Design, Change Colors, and Edit School/Logo onto one page where everything is centrally accessible. In doing that we're making a change today to the school photos and logos location. You'll see how all of this pans out shortly, but the bottom line is we just inadvertently changed the logo and photo display on the live system when things should only be changing on our staging server. I will have this addressed immediately thank you for pointing it out so quickly.

Oh, FYI Mr. Dean has always looked like that. The yellow paper navigation is taped over the top of his photo. That is correct and has not changed. It's probably just looking different to you with the logo and the photo missing.

Monday, January 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM - Response #4

Hmmm. I checked other themed designs and they're fine. Yet, clearly not your 50s template. I was expecting it to be universal. Programmer is investigating this right now and I expect the problem to be resolved shortly.

Monday, January 14, 2013 at 11:27 PM - Response #5

This should be fixed now. If not, report back here

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 1:38 AM - Response #6

Yes it's fixed. It actually only applied to people who had uploaded png images (very few). We were making a change today to allow transparent pngs in thew new system and this was the unexpected result. Anyway, all good now. I'm just glad to understand what happened here.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.