ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Help

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/28/12 02:52 PM Views: 1274 Replies: 10
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 2:52 PM

New to all this as an administrator. How do I reset a password for someone?

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM - Response #1

1. Go to Manage Classmates (under Admin Functions)
2. Click the Enter/Edit Classmates button at the top of the page
3. Type all or part of the classmate's name in the Search field, or scroll down the page until you see their name
4. Click on the DETAILS link for the classmate
5. Click the Change Password button and read the notice
6. Enter the new password in the two fields within the yellow box
7. Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page
8. Notify the classmate of the new password

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 4:53 PM - Response #2

Easier way....log out. Click Forgot Password. Enter their email address. They will receive an email to reset it themself.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 5:52 PM - Response #3

Easier yet . . . tell the classmate to do it. Laughing

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 6:42 PM - Response #4

Another reason they may be having trouble logging in is that they didn't enter the correct email address. Go to their profile and copy their email and send that to them along with instructions on "forgot password".

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 1:06 AM - Response #5

I agree the classmate should reset the password, however you can no longer copy/paste the email address. Not sure when that changed but it is not possible.

In the beginning, I did reset passwords. Now there needs to be a major reason, such as a recent one when a classmate had used his work email and had left his place of employment. I had to change his email address, he would not have received the password reset.

So Susan... welcome to the Help Forums.... where you may receive more than you requested. Cool

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 2:43 AM - Response #6

I've always changed their password in "Details", told them what it was to log in with and then tell them to make a new password.. Bonita

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 12:50 PM - Response #7

Gwen Corey wrote:

I agree the classmate should reset the password, however you can no longer copy/paste the email address. Not sure when that changed but it is not possible.

That's strange I'm able to copy and paste the e-mail address. IE8 and XP is what I'm using. That may make a difference.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 12:53 PM - Response #8

To copy the email address, click the button to change it. The field will become active so you can copy its content.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 1:13 PM - Response #9

Eric B Bassey wrote:

To copy the email address, click the button to change it. The field will become active so you can copy its content.

I don't even have to do that. Just "swipe" it to highlight, copy and paste.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 1:41 PM - Response #10

Some web browsers don't allow the selection of text in disabled fields. The Primary Email field is disabled unless the button is clicked, to prevent browser autofill features from replacing the field contents.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.