ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Changed Facebook password; sync to CConn lost

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 07/15/14 02:46 PM Views: 992 Replies: 9
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I had to change my Facebook password this past weekend. Moments ago, a Class Connection notification (on Facebook) came up that a new member joined the site. Clicking on it took me to the 'find your school/class' screen.

Perhaps this is something everyone will experience when they change their password or it is one of the strange things that happen only with things I do... Wink

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 4:40 PM - Response #1

Not sure. I'll talk to Brad.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 6:34 PM - Response #2

Your Facebook password, or changing it, has no affect on Class Connection or how it functions whatsoever.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 6:42 PM - Response #3

Brad,
The Facebook app appears to be malfunctioning. I attempted to join my class and I couldn't. I already joined my class as I'm the administrator for the website. Hmm. That's the same kind of recogition I get at home. Smile

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 7:15 PM - Response #4

What is the problem exactly? How are you attempting to join? What happens when you click the "Class Connection" link under the Member Functions heading on your class web site?

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 10:53 AM - Response #5

Brad, Whether signing into Facebook, or going from the Class Connection link, the app on FB doesn't recognize me. The window shows "Connect with Your Class." So I enter our school name, find the class year, and after a one second showing of "proceeding to class," the window reverts back to "Connect with Your Class" as if I had done none of the above.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 1:27 PM - Response #6

You're using Firefox 30.0 correct? Can you try a full clear of your browser cookies, refresh the page, and try joining Class Connection again? I've seen this before and it's almost always a cookie problem.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 1:41 PM - Response #7

Brad,
I completely cleared the Firefox cookies and history, both with Ccleaner and also on the browser. That didn't remedy the issue. I then tried using the Chrome browser and everything worked as designed and I was recognized immediately on Facebook. I didn't have to go through the "join" process at all. My conclusion is that it is an issue with the Firefox 30.0 browser. Now understand, that's my analysis considering my very limited expertise in matters like this. Smile
On a side note, editing the CC website is easier with Firefox than with Chrome. I can re-size pasted graphics and pictures by clicking and dragging whereas I cannot do that with Chrome.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 1:44 AM - Response #8

Alright... here is my scoop.

1st, I was reading the replies and found I could now join other classes, which had me wanting to get this working.

Due to the pain of trying to join my school classes from the Facebook side, I went back the alumni site (which WAS connected to Class Connection) and clicked on Class Connection. I had to rejoin. Then joined my single year class - not as admin. Sad Now I can't get back to my alumni year. All this via Class Connection.

Sorry, I'm Jing'ed out for the day. I'll try to remmber to capture all of this tomorrow.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 2:04 AM - Response #9

What happens when you go in now with Firefox?

Tim Bowen wrote:

Brad,
I completely cleared the Firefox cookies and history, both with Ccleaner and also on the browser. That didn't remedy the issue. I then tried using the Chrome browser and everything worked as designed and I was recognized immediately on Facebook. I didn't have to go through the "join" process at all. My conclusion is that it is an issue with the Firefox 30.0 browser. Now understand, that's my analysis considering my very limited expertise in matters like this. Smile
On a side note, editing the CC website is easier with Firefox than with Chrome. I can re-size pasted graphics and pictures by clicking and dragging whereas I cannot do that with Chrome.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.