ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

How do I add a flyer, on it's own page?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/19/11 11:55 AM Views: 1189 Replies: 1
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 11:55 AM

I would like to create a page for a flyer that was made for our reunion. (As in: along with the "home" page, "in memory" page, "contact us" page, etc - have a page titled "Reunion Flyer" that would show the flyer when clicked on.
Right now I have a PDF file of the flyer.
Help?!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 12:05 PM - Response #1

It isn't possible to have a left-side link that opens up a PDF file. You can create a link that they can click on that page to open up the flyer, but it would be a two-step process, first click left-side link, then click the link on the page.

To create the link to your PDF flyer, Edit the contents of the page you want the link and type this:
Click HERE for the reunion flyer,
Select the "Click HERE...." text
Click the INSERT/EDIT LINK (looks like a world with two chain links in front of it, seven from right on 2nd row of icons)
Click the FILE VAULT button
BROWSE to find your PDF file
UPLOAD the PDF file,
INSERT the link
Save the contents of your page.

You could also convert the top portion of your PDF to an image, then insert the IMAGE of the PDF on the page, then if they click the IMAGE , then they would see the complete PDF file. This could be done by inserting the image first, then type "Click HERE for PDF file" and selecting the IMAGE and the "Click HERE..." before inserting the link.

Edited 04/19/11 12:25 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.