ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

make teacher profile auto accessible?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/17/09 05:47 PM Views: 1280 Replies: 7
Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I'm thinking of making all my Teacher & Staff profiles automatically accessible to anyone that's logged in.

Most of the Teachers & Staff have passed away but I would like for students to be able to go to the profile and see yearbook photos and info I have posted and make comments and read other students' comments about the teacher.

How do I do this without creating a fake login for each of them?

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 8:40 PM - Response #1

Go to Manage Classmates > Edit/Enter Classmates and then choose the Profile link next to the name of each individual you want to create this setting for. At the bottom there is a checkbox for profile visibility that that makes it available to anyone who is logged into the site -- if they are not logged in they will see a notice that they need to login to view this profile.

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 9:00 PM - Response #2

Jess, when I check that box, the only thing viewable to someone logged in are the photos. None of the personal info shows up and the comment box is not available.

Looks like the classmate/teacher has to log in and create the profile first. I want all of this info viewable without a profile having been created by them, just me. I want it to work like the In Memory profiles if that is enabled but I want this for all teachers and staff, living or dead.

Or, am I still missing something? This could be one of my dumber days . . .

Edited 05/17/09 10:10 PM
Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 10:11 PM - Response #3

Currently the teacher would have to join in order for details to display. That's a tall request for a teacher who's deceased... One of the things coming up for this area is a toggle like the one you have in your Classmate Profiles area, where you can tell the system to display admin-entered details even if the Classmate has not joined the web site. Once we add this toggle you'll be able to accomplish what you're wishing to achieve.

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 10:18 PM - Response #4

Have I told y'all today that y'all are wonderful? If not, you are!

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 10:20 PM - Response #5

Well I'm certainly not gunna argue with ya. Smile

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 10:42 PM - Response #6

Got to thinking and couldn't find the answer anywhere quickly. Although I find it almost impossible to believe, but there are some folks that don't have email addresses or computers and will never log in.

That button to allow the info to be viewed, could it be added to each individual's profile page and not just for the whole kitt'n kaboodle? In other words, I want to choose which profiles are viewable this way.

I'm pushing my luck, huh?

Edited 05/17/09 10:43 PM
Monday, May 18, 2009 at 12:03 AM - Response #7

There's probably something you're wanting to do that I'm not envisioning, but if you set the second radio button to display info if somebody hasn't joined, it's a global setting as you've pointed out. That being the case, if you don't want info showing and you've got that button selected, simply don't enter the info. Isn't that really the same thing? I.E. if you select the second radio button, only enter info into Profiles where you want that info to show. In this way you can do it for some, but not others, which is the same thing as having individual control over each Profile. By entering or not entering info, you already have that control.

FYI, if there's something you want to enter so you have it for your own records, but you don't want others to see it, just use the Notes field, which is for Admins' eyes only.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.