ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Javascript Errors?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/11/10 09:23 PM Views: 1867 Replies: 7
Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I am reviewing my Statcounter information from today. I have a large number of Exit Link errors with javascript:void(0); Any idea what might be causing this?

Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 9:30 PM - Response #1

No idea at the moment, it may be related to today's launch of the new Admin Rights feature, now live. I'll turn this over to Programming tomorrow for investigation.

Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 10:31 PM - Response #2

Yipee on the new feature but did I miss an announcement?

It may not be related to you. I sent a mass e-mail today and opened up my Photo Galleries, among other things. Maybe it has something to do with people trying to view posted photos? I just never saw it before.

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 9:26 AM - Response #3

More Info to maybe point you.....in doing more research, it looks like this is happening while they are watching a slideshow of photos. It's happened on all different photo numbers so it's not a problem with a particular photo (at least I don't think so). Most were also during a higher than normal activity time for my site (not long after I had sent out an all-class email)

I doubt it is just a traffic issue as I am still seeing it this morning and my # of logins has slowed significantly. In fact, I think there was only 1 person logged on around 5 AM EST today and they incurred this error. I am assuming it is during a slideshow view since occurrences most often follow the viewing of a particular photo.

Hope this helps diagnose. I know troubleshooting can be a bear.

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 1:21 PM - Response #4

We've concluded it does pertain to Galleries, correct. The problem though is we see no error here. No JavaScript errors, nothing in our error log, no visible errors showing up on the live site anywhere, no functions not working, no reports of any errors etc. Statcounter is a third party system and we don't know why they're logging an error. I'm sure there's some logical reason for it but it certainly doesn't jump out. Could be a logging anomaly between the two systems, who knows. In any case with everything working fine I wouldn't worry about it, there's nothing we're seeing that needs fixing.

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 1:47 PM - Response #5

When a photo (enlarged, not thumbnail) is displaying in the Photo Gallery, there is an X with a circle around it (close this picture). The link to this X is has a reference to this

javascript:void(0);

The NEXT and PREVIOUS buttons for the Gallery Slide Show also have javascript:void(0); as their link reference.

So every time you click on NEXT, PREVIOUS, or CLOSE, it will generate javascript:void(0); in StatCounter as an Exit Link.

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 1:52 PM - Response #6

Kyle, you rock. Smile

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 4:13 PM - Response #7

FYI it's going to keep generating that. Just ignore it, it's not really an error.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.