ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"In Memory, Remembrance Videos"

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/16/12 08:50 AM Views: 1293 Replies: 13
Monday, April 16, 2012 at 8:50 AM

My reunion committee is preparing a video for a "Remembrance Celebration" during our reunion in October. This will include class pictures and some other information about our deceased classmates. Does anyone have such a video that they would be willing to share? Or a link to such a video?

Thanks for your help,

David

Topeka High School class of 1962

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM - Response #1

Hello David, one of my classmates made a memorial video for us to share at our 30th class reunion. It was beautiful. You can view it at our class website.

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM - Response #2

Sorry...didn't realize it was password protected. Click on "Slide Shows" and use the guest password: hillchurch

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM - Response #3

Here is a link to the deceased portion of a video that we played at our 50th reunion. I created it using Movie Maker. I used a class photo & obtained a more current one from family members. The carnation was our class flower. The quality is not very good on YouTube, but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-KhBlYzfSI

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 11:34 AM - Response #4

What app did you use to make the transitions in the other slide shows?

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 1:17 PM - Response #5

Really lovely, Joan. Our class was much larger (we have 20 deceased right now) and transient due to our location, near WPAFB. It has been difficult to get obituaries. I cannot imagine getting photos. However, I wish...

Your tribute is very touching!

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 1:22 PM - Response #6

Tom, not sure who you're directing your question to...but if it is me, I used photobucket.com. The memorial video was done using a MacBook then uploading to youtube.

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 3:04 PM - Response #7

Yes Trish, I meant you. Thanks

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM - Response #8

Thank you Kathi. That's one of the advantages of being from a small town. All of my classmates still have family there, so it wasn't all that difficult to get pictures. I went to the hometown library and got obitituaries for all the deceased. I posted those on the In Memory section of the website.

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM - Response #9

Kathi, I don't know what happened, but my post shows up as being from Ellen Barker at Camp Wingfoot for Girls school. Guess I'll have to contact Brad to see what's going on.

Joan Ballard
Class of 1960
St. Charles High School

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 7:40 PM - Response #10

You are welcome to visit my site and see if you like the song that I put on there, also, there is a GREAT video about finding your classmates. It is called "Where are they now? I can send you link if you like it. Our website is open if you want to visit. www.rockyriver59.com

Lucille

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM - Response #11

Joan -
That is a beautiful video. The music is so soothing and it's nice to see them as teens and adults. I am amazed at the small number of classmates from 1960 you have lost. We have 99 that we are sure of. Who knows how many lost members are really deceased.

Thank you for sharing.

Glenn Ellen

Edited 04/16/12 8:18 PM
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 8:51 AM - Response #12

Thanks for sharing. I have passed the information along to the committee. What a helpful community you all are.

Take good care,

David

Friday, May 25, 2012 at 12:13 AM - Response #13

Hi;
Password did not work - is it still available for viewing?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.