ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

how does the administrator reset password

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/07/10 11:51 PM Views: 1878 Replies: 5
Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Your password will be emailed to the email address you provided at the time of your registration. If you no longer have access to this email box please contact the Class Administrator and ask that your password be reset.

This classmate is asking me to reset her password because of the statement listed above. I am assuming she does not have access to the email address she registered with, so how do I reset it for her.
Frances

Sunday, August 8, 2010 at 1:48 AM - Response #1

It's not quite clear from your post whether the member has a NEW email address or not.
Assuming that they do:

Click on "Manage Classmates" under Admin Functions
Click on "Enter/Edit"
Locate the person and click on Edit Details.
Enter their new email address
Enter a new password in the Password field
Email the member at their new address and tell them the new password -- or have them log in and use the "forgot password" and the system will email their new password at the new email address.

Sunday, August 8, 2010 at 9:35 AM - Response #2

Even if they have the same login e-mail, you can still create a new password on their page and then send it to them as a temporary. I have done this at times when people are having a problem and I tell them to log in with the new password and then immediately go to Change Password to create a new one.

Sunday, August 8, 2010 at 7:01 PM - Response #3

Two things come to mind, first is the email address still vaild -- I send to it and if I get a bounceback then there is a o problem with the email address, so I contact them with the one they sent to me as an administrator, I let them know that there is a problem with the old and tell them I am resetting the password to a temporary one and that they will now have to go into member functions and change their password. I post their good email as a primary and remove the one that causes bouncebacks -- problem solved...

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM - Response #4

I am having trouble as Administrator of our website to change passwords through the instructions listed above. I have a classmate who has changed their email address and password.

Everytime I change the password and hit the save button at the bottom of the page I get NO change to the password or an email stating that the password has been changed.

Did I miss an update or change?

Kudos
...CAV...

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 11:54 AM - Response #5

You won't see anything change because the row of black dots displayed in the field is the same regardless of the size of the password.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.