ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New Classmate Notification to administrators

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/15/17 09:38 PM Views: 1000 Replies: 10
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 9:38 PM

We have multiple administrators. Do they each get a New Classmate email when someone registers? I receive them as the root administrator. Can the other administrators opt in and out of new classmate notification?

TIA.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 10:23 AM - Response #1

Co-admins can't see or change the admin options and permissions they've been given by the root - such as new member registration notifies. But the root can certainly change the admin settings and permissions on their detail page if requested.

And co-admins can always change their own Notify Me options - including new member joins - as they wish.

Edited 03/16/17 10:24 AM
Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 11:18 AM - Response #2

The notifications that your co-admins receive are set by you when you grant them admin access. You can go to Manage Classmates > Enter / Edit Classmates > Details for your co-admin and scroll down to the Grant Admin Access ares to review their particular notification settings.

Friday, March 17, 2017 at 3:52 PM - Response #3

Thanks!

Friday, March 17, 2017 at 3:53 PM - Response #4

I'll pass this on to the Co-Admins. Thanks.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 5:45 PM - Response #5

I have members, not admins, who are receiving an email notice daily with a list of the members that have joined.

How is this controlled or does everybody always get this email?

Jim

Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 12:05 AM - Response #6

Individual members can elect to receive an e-mail when a new member joins the site in their Notify Me selections.

Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 11:37 AM - Response #7

I have looked at the Notify Me options and didn't see anything specific about notification of new members so was not sure why they are sent. The only one that seems to maybe apply is this one "An administrator sends an email to all Members (strongly recommended)" and I don't want anybody to turn that one off.

What am I missing?

Jim

Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 11:50 AM - Response #8

OK, now I see what has happened. These notification emails are being sent on our church site so I checked my high school site and the Notify Me options are different. The church site has been modified for a non-class website and that was one of the options taken out.

Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 12:32 PM - Response #9

Jim Persing wrote:

OK, now I see what has happened. These notification emails are being sent on our church site so I checked my high school site and the Notify Me options are different. The church site has been modified for a non-class website and that was one of the options taken out.

If the option has been removed it would seem individual members should not get the notification. This is one that CC will have to answer.

Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 2:19 PM - Response #10

I will check with CC. They have been so good about helping with the non-class website items.

I guess by not having the option to not receive the new member emails it defaults to always getting them. It would be nice to have the choice.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.