ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Facebook

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/01/14 10:28 PM Views: 1228 Replies: 4
Saturday, November 1, 2014 at 10:28 PM

It's unclear to me why or how people access our website through Facebook. I have read several posts about it, but I'm still confused.

I think if you are connected to Facebook/CC you can just click when you are in Facebook without getting out on web.
Sooo...this means what? You can direct me to a previous post that tells all.

Thanks

Sunday, November 2, 2014 at 9:41 AM - Response #1

When we launched the app several Help Videos were posted here: https://www.youtube.com/user/ClassConnection

Correct, if a classmate is connecting via the Facebook app they never have to leave Facebook. All site data is available directly on the Class Connection Facebook app. Classmates there can participate with the class and do all the same things they can do from the web site itself. The web site and the Facebook app function as one entity.

Sunday, November 2, 2014 at 12:32 PM - Response #2

I've had a little trouble with Facebook. But that's to be expected. But as in a related post about What's New, I changed the name but it doesn't show on Facebook with the new name. Will the change be reflected on Facebook?

I tried using my iPhone to access the Class Connection and wad given an error message. The label was on my computer Facebook, but not on my iPhone. Is there a mobile app or is this just for regular computer use?

I usually use Facebook on my phone. Are the ads to the right always there?

My questions are over lapping from the two posts I made. But if I check to have messages posted whether I put them on my page or What's New, does that do it for the class or does each individual need to do that?

I'm afraid that it's going to be too many steps for people to do. But true Facebook people will like it. However, we still have people who don't even have computers at their homes. They do have running water...I think.

Sunday, November 2, 2014 at 3:34 PM - Response #3

Hi Karen,

Brad may be right back to reply but until then...

The name of the What's New page does not change on Facebook. I'd like to say I saw a mention of the possibility but that could have been in a dream. Wink

Brad will need to address Class Connection on mobile phones. I choose to make my time away from my computer site-free. That shared, as soon as I clean out my emails and photos, I will be venturing into sites/Class Connection on my iPhone.

As to using Class Connection on your computer, the ads are a part of the Facebook frame you see around your site. Yes, they will be there.

The posts on profiles, In Memory and so on happen for the entire class.

Thanks for the laugh. I think I have one classmate who may not have running water. Seriously. He lives in the mountains and visits the site only when he is at his sister's.

Edited 11/02/14 3:36 PM
Sunday, November 2, 2014 at 6:45 PM - Response #4

Several questions here let me itemize them:

1) Currently "What's New" is a fixed link on the app. On the app you have the option of allowing others (outside of class) to visit and we wanted to keep some consistency in the interface. Everything is a work in progress so this may change, but that's the state as of today.

2) Do you remember what the error was when you tried to hit the app on Facebook? Were you using your regular mobile phone browser or something else? Can you repeat the error now, and if so can you tell me what it is?

3) Is there a mobile app: The Facebook app has a mobile optimized interface when hit from your regular cell phone browser. We are currently talking about an actual "app" (something that will be in the app store) that will begin by simply showing the class "Whats' New" data. More on this later.

3) Yes those ads are coming from Facebook. Just part of the Facebook experience.

4) There is no option for individuals to post to Profile plus What's New. That's default functionality for all. I.E. If anyone posts a message to the class on his or her own Profile, that message will also be displayed on the What's New page (if you have What's New page active that is).

5) Running water: Heh. Well, you just may be surprised. Hit http://apps.facebook.com/classconection from any desktop or mobile browser and it's really quite easy to use. Like I said above too, the app is an evolution. It's only a year old and will continue to grow and change as the users desire.

Karen Modisett wrote:

I've had a little trouble with Facebook. But that's to be expected. But as in a related post about What's New, I changed the name but it doesn't show on Facebook with the new name. Will the change be reflected on Facebook?

I tried using my iPhone to access the Class Connection and wad given an error message. The label was on my computer Facebook, but not on my iPhone. Is there a mobile app or is this just for regular computer use?

I usually use Facebook on my phone. Are the ads to the right always there?

My questions are over lapping from the two posts I made. But if I check to have messages posted whether I put them on my page or What's New, does that do it for the class or does each individual need to do that?

I'm afraid that it's going to be too many steps for people to do. But true Facebook people will like it. However, we still have people who don't even have computers at their homes. They do have running water...I think.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.