ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Red "X" instead of uploaded image

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/01/11 08:30 PM Views: 1218 Replies: 2
Monday, August 1, 2011 at 8:30 PM

I'm trying to replace the yearbook photo in the top right corner of each profile with side-by-side senior picture and current picture. Offline in Photoshop, I create a single jpg file of the two side-by-side photos, save it to my hard drive, then go to Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates > Yearbook Photo > Browse, then select the jpg file and "Save Changes" and (automatically) exit the page and return to "Enter/Edit Classmates." Then I go to the classmate's profile, and most of the time I find a little red "X" in a box instead of the side-by-side photos. Sometimes I succeed, but usually I don't. Sometimes I go back to Photoshop and try creating the jpg file a different way, or make a tiff file, each time working it through that whole sequence of steps to repeated failure. It's enough to drive an 80-year-old crazy. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Karl Snepp, Redmond, WA
HoraceMann49.com

Monday, August 1, 2011 at 10:10 PM - Response #1

When I go to your PROFILES page, and look in Internet Explorer for those with an "X" showing, RIGHT-CLICK, then choose Properties, I found this one:

DonGrayT+N.jpg
HayesTedT+N.jpg

It looks like you are using the "+" symbol in the file name. This is an illegal character in a URL, so the image cannot be found.

If you want to use "T+N", you should use "T_N" or "Then_now" or something like that.

You can right-click, then choose Properties on some of the images that worked and you will see that the names don't have a "+" in them.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at 12:30 AM - Response #2

Thanks, Kyle. I knew it had to be something simple like that. I got them all fixed. You rescued me from insanity Smile
Karl

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.