ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Manually Enter a Donation

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/27/16 04:46 PM Views: 1094 Replies: 8
Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 4:46 PM

We have a scholarship fund that people could contribute to during the reunion registration process. There is also a separate link for people to contribute now that the reunion is over. I received a check for this fund, but cannot figure out how to manually add the donation from a classmate. I tried "editing" their reunion purchase. If anyone has ideas, please let me know!

Friday, October 28, 2016 at 1:33 PM - Response #1

There is currently not a way to manually add donations in the Donation Manager. However, you can add a Donation as an event in the Event Planner and then add the donation manually in that location so that you have documentation of the donations. You can even hide that page so that it is kept for manual donations only if desired.

Friday, July 14, 2017 at 12:38 PM - Response #2

Any update on this capability? We are coming up on our 50th reunion in September and need to know whether this can be added before then? We have lots of donations that we are having to track manually that we would much rather do so within our site.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 12:33 PM - Response #3

Hi Rick,

You already have donations tracked the way you have them set up. If you go to Donation Manager and choose Transactions there are a group of donations that your users likely sent in checks for that have not been recorded as received. You can edit those transactions to indicate who has paid.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 1:17 PM - Response #4

The original post was about being able to manually enter a donation when we receive checks but the classmate has not navigated through the website donation capability. Right now we have to keep up with the donations tracked on the site and the donations that have not gone through the site. I was asking if there was any update on adding the ability for the admin to manually add a donation on behalf of a fellow classmate.

Any news?

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 4:16 PM - Response #5

Unfortunately, this functionality has not yet been added to the Donation Module. You would need to add a Donation Activity to the Event planner to manually add and track these donations.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 10:56 PM - Response #6

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

You would need to add a Donation Activity to the Event planner to manually add and track these donations.

I tried doing this but it requires a dollar amount and the donations vary. Any way to add this activity without a specific dollar amount?

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 2:56 PM - Response #7

Ah. That would be an issue with my work around. I will see when this can possibly be added to the system.

Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 11:51 AM - Response #8

Until the system is modified, I will use this work around for manually entering a donation. I added a separate event called "Donation" with a cost of $1.00. If a donation is received, I click on "Register a Classmate" and choose a quantity of "1". Then I go to the "Transactions" page, and edit the transaction by entering the donation amount in both the "Invoiced" and "Received" fields.

I'm open to a better solution.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.