ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Accepting Deposits

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/11/10 03:02 PM Views: 1202 Replies: 2
Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 3:02 PM

We would like to ask our classmates for a $25 nonrefundable deposit that would apply against the $55 ticket price per person. Do I have to do anything differently when setting up a "reunion"??

Thanks!

Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 5:04 PM - Response #1

Pamela Hooker wrote:

We would like to ask our classmates for a $25 nonrefundable deposit that would apply against the $55 ticket price per person. Do I have to do anything differently when setting up a "reunion"??

Thanks!

Good question Pamela. I don't think it's ever been asked before.

In the Reunion Planner you can create items with a fixed cost, of course. In your case you're wanting to require people pay part of the ticket cost now, and the later part later. There is currently no built-in method of doing that.

The only thing I can think of that you could do is make the deposit and the final payment two different items. E.G. create 2 different ticket items:

* REUNION TICKETS PAYMENT 1: $25
* REUNION TICKETS PAYMENT 2: $30

You'd of course want to make it clear in your instructions on the page why you've segmented it this way. Classmates would need to purchase the "payment 1" option at the time of registration. They can then return to the Reunion Planner at any time and purchase "payment 2", thereby completing their full payment.

Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 6:15 PM - Response #2

Another idea (if you are only accepting checks because with CHECKS you can do a partial payment):

Say in the instructions for payment that the NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT of $25.00 is due by some date, but the total is $55.00, the remainder can be paid later or at the door.

Then for items for sale:

1. Reunion Ticket ($25 Non-Refundable Deposit) $55.00

Since CHECKS need to be manually accounted for, you can then record those checks that come in for only $25.00. Then when the same classmates pay their $30.00 (maybe it is at the door?) the rest of the total can be updated.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.