ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Spiral notebook paper template

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/18/13 11:59 AM Views: 3181 Replies: 16
Monday, February 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Does anyone have a template or know where I can download one that looks like a spiral notebook page? Want to use it at our 50th reunion to make up a "schedule" for the evening....i.e. 1st Period: Check in, get name tags; 2nd period: Announcements, pass out homework (mixer game to get people moving; and so on. Want to print them and put at each place setting. Have checked several websites but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Monday, February 18, 2013 at 12:46 PM - Response #1

Brenda,

Have you looked at a Scrapbooking supplies store or Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's. The paper would probably be 12x12 but you could cut it down to run through your printer.

Doreene

Monday, February 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM - Response #2

http://yoursourceisopen.com/34229-blank-notebook-free-psd-download

Monday, February 18, 2013 at 1:04 PM - Response #3

http://vector.us/search/spiral-notebook-template

Monday, February 18, 2013 at 1:08 PM - Response #4

Great Idea! If you can find a notebook with schedule listed you could scan and then add your text on top.

Liked your website and survey - We will be celebrating next year also. Not sure if my class (North64) is listed or my husbands (West62). He celebrated their 50th this summer.
Good Luck on your plans. kk

Monday, February 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM - Response #5

Thanks everyone - those sites were just what I was looking for. I'll check out Hobby Lobby for scrapbooking ideas also. Haven't been real active since the last reunion, so it's taking some time to get back into the swing of "thinking" again.

Karen - thanks for the comments on our site. It's always good to have feedback from other admins and get their ideas of stuff I never even thought of.

Monday, February 18, 2013 at 2:07 PM - Response #6

Brenda Windel wrote:

Does anyone have a template or know where I can download one that looks like a spiral notebook page? Want to use it at our 50th reunion to make up a "schedule" for the evening....i.e. 1st Period: Check in, get name tags; 2nd period: Announcements, pass out homework (mixer game to get people moving; and so on. Want to print them and put at each place setting. Have checked several websites but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Hi Brenda,

I glanced at your website, as I most always do, and it looks great. I saw how you essentially have aligned Announcements at the TOP, and got the much wider pages. Do you even use the described Home Page at all? By getting everything in to an Announcement, there is obviously more control in layout.

Monday, February 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM - Response #7

Hi Derrell - Not sure what you mean by "described Home Page". I originally had used the Announcements generator on the system but you could only put the announcement either at the very top of the page or the very bottom. Several of our classmates complained about it being at the very bottom and I, personally, did not like it at the very top of the page, so I made my own. You have to remember you are talking to on of the "computer illiterates" when it comes to technical stuff. Did I do something wrong?

Monday, February 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM - Response #8

Nothing wrong, other than my 'own' rationalization. I really like your column width for your Home Contents. My concept was backwards, as Announcements have the restricted width, and Home Contents are wider.

I finally figured that all out, thanks!

Monday, February 18, 2013 at 3:53 PM - Response #9

No problem - I guess when I first put the announcments on there, they were higher on the page. Then, as I added other stuff about the reunion they moved down and that what's happened with the wider section. Phew! Glad it wasn't any more than just dumb luck on my part that I even got any of it on there where I wanted it! See ---sometims you can teach an old dog new tricks!!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 8:42 AM - Response #10
Spiral Notebook_Page2.jpg

Actual Page Size. Hope this works for you!

Happy 50th Class Reunion

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM - Response #11

Thanks Kevin, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM - Response #12

Okay, another dumb question.....(I told you all I'm so not "computer savvy" when it comes to this kind of thing) once I have the copy of the notebook paper how do I go about being able to type anything on it via the system, or is that not possible? Be specific, please. I copied it and saved it to a file, now what?

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 4:50 PM - Response #13

I use Irfanview (free). Go to File, Open, and find a picture you want to add text to in your picture file on your computer.
Take your mouse, hold down left key and draw a square the size you want for the wording..
Then to Edit, then Insert Text into Selection. Type what you want to say, then click OK..
You can play around with it.. You can match the background, change fonts and size.. I really like Irfanview and use it often.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM - Response #14

Thanks Linda - you are my hero! Downloaded Irfanview and have spent the last hour playing with it. Got just what I wanted to do....how easy when you know how to do it. Thank you so much!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM - Response #15

I use two different programs to add text and that all depends on the file. Photoshop and Compupic pro by photodex. I also use as needed Microsoft office powerpoint.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 10:36 PM - Response #16

Brenda Windel wrote:

Thanks Kevin, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Glad to have helped! I wish you great success and joy at your upcoming 50th class reunion!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.