ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Multi Year site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/05/11 03:14 PM Views: 1131 Replies: 8
Monday, September 5, 2011 at 3:14 PM

We are thinking about changing to a multi-year site but I would like to find out more about it. I know that we can't go back once we do it but what are the other pros and cons?

[list]
Will there be only one administrator?
Will there be an administrator for each year?
Can the administrators cross over years?
Do all classmates have access to anything regardless of the class year?
Does the domain name stay the same or should it be changed? Our domain name currently has our class year in it.
Would it make more sense to sign up each class separately and then use the Alum site?
Are there separate file vaults for each year?
If not, what if one class gets carried away with uploading large files then the other years get left out?
[/list]

Is there any one place I can get these answers and more? Or just glean them from past posts to this Forum?

Thanks, I appreciate any help with this.

Jim

Monday, September 5, 2011 at 4:19 PM - Response #1

You can set up as many admins as you want, but there is not an admin for each year. Any admin you grant will be allowed to admin all classmates of all years if they have been granted classmate access.

All classmates have access to everything on the website, no matter what class they are part of.

You can use any domain name you want.

The same file vault for the whole site. Classmate uploaded PROFILE pictures do not take up any space on the file vault.

Monday, September 5, 2011 at 4:37 PM - Response #2

And as I understand it, Kyle, once you go to a multi-year class, you can not switch back. It also, means that there is only one Reunion Planner available to be used at a time ...

Monday, September 5, 2011 at 4:41 PM - Response #3

Terry,

That is also correct

Monday, September 5, 2011 at 5:12 PM - Response #4

How much does it cost to extend our website from 3 to 5 years?

Monday, September 5, 2011 at 6:29 PM - Response #5

I'm with Jim... except I have our class year and started an alumni site. Currently, I have five class years entered.

Due to a group page started on Facebook a month ago, we are about to have our first meeting for a multi-class reunion. I am thrilled to have this site and the lead classmate's interest in using it as our reunion base. (Finally!)

The number of classmates who have signed in as of today is under 100. I'm ready to watch it climb! Smile

A few of the multi-class (association) site admins were kind enough to communicate with me last year. However, I lost some of the info when my hard drive crashed in December. So I am back for info, info, info! Smile

Monday, September 5, 2011 at 6:36 PM - Response #6

Terry Sweeney wrote:

And as I understand it, Kyle, once you go to a multi-year class, you can not switch back. It also, means that there is only one Reunion Planner available to be used at a time ...

Terry's comments are exactly why I did not switch our site to a multi-class site.

My first rule: Only multi-class reunions may use the reunion planner. (Obviously, one at one time.) I am working on a plan of how much one class can use the site. Right now, I have a topic set for each class in the Forum. After I secure funding for a platinum subscription, I will then allow photos... still unsure of the number I will allow. There has to be a point where a class moves onto a single class site.

Monday, September 5, 2011 at 6:37 PM - Response #7

Burton Ruder wrote:

How much does it cost to extend our website from 3 to 5 years?

Burton,
On your site, scroll down to the bottom and follow the link "Subscription". You will see how many days you have left and the difference in the cost, I believe.

Monday, September 5, 2011 at 6:58 PM - Response #8

Burton, Gwen is right - scroll down to SUBSCRIPTION to see how much it costs to upgrade your subscription.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.