ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Mixed Review - Class Store (SSA)

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/26/16 06:00 PM Views: 1204 Replies: 7
Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 6:00 PM

I thought I might start a discussion of administrators' experience with SSA Stores, the company that Class Creator recommends (or at least has an agreement with) for selling merchandise.

This has been my experience:

The positives
- using SSA truly makes the sale of class merchandise easier. They have a wide selection of merchandise. Their quality is relatively good, some items better than others. They accept credit cards and you can integrate the sales with your website and even your Event Planner.

The negatives - We had a real problem collecting our commission. It took many months of prodding, e-mails etc. to get what was due us. The amount of the commission is not very much. SSA did not comply with their agreement as they charged shipping at a different rate than promised. Their response was that they were offering a sale that month. However the net price was higher than what it would (or should) have been and they would not budge on their policy. The image they put on our website was terrible and apparently we could do nothing about it other than to cancel the agreement.

Perhaps our experience was not typical. I would love to hear others experience with using the company.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 10:38 PM - Response #1

Thanks for reporting. Our agreement ends shortly. We may not renew.

Friday, August 5, 2016 at 1:15 PM - Response #2

I noticed today that the image in the "Class Store" box isn't working. Have you ended your agreement with SSA now?

Friday, August 5, 2016 at 1:20 PM - Response #3

Art, do you have any suggestions for an alternative to SSA?

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 5:35 PM - Response #4

Any more news on whether the class store will be continued with SSA?

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 1:08 PM - Response #5

We are discontinuing our relationship with SSA stores. The link to the Fundraiser Store will be removed shortly.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 1:32 PM - Response #6

OK. Thank you. I was just trying to actually revive our store to be able to support the website.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 2:31 PM - Response #7

You can still use the product manager to build a store in the site if you have items to sell.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.