ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

I'm freaking out

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/28/09 11:31 AM Views: 1351 Replies: 8
Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 11:31 AM

I have scanned all the senior photos and separated them into individual pix and have loaded about 1/4 of them I went back to see what they would look like and none of them, except mine, showed up. I checked the radio button that lets you view an individual if they haven't yet signed up, but still nothing. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 11:44 AM - Response #1

First, we don't allow freaking out here. We do allow throwing in the towel, being at your witts end, and throwing your freakin' computer out the window though, so if you want to do any of those things, that's ok.

All right, what you are doing is uploading Yearbook Photos into the Classmate's photo area, which you really don't want to do. You don't want to do that because Classmates can delete photos that you upload to that area. They may even delete one of your senior photos inadvertently if you put them there, or delete it on purpose not really knowing what it's doing there.

Instead, you want to upload Yearbook Photos into the designated Yearbook Photo slot that only Administrators have access too. Here's how you do that:

1) Click Manage Classmates
2) Click enter/Edit Classmates
3) Click the "Add" link under your Yearbook photo column
4) Upload Yearbook Photo. Save.

When you do this, a new "Display Yearbook Photos" toggle will show up on your Classmate Profiles page, allowing you to view your Classmates in "Yearbook Photo" mode. Give it a whirl.

Let me add quickly here that naming your item post "I'm freaking out", although I have no doubt that's what you were doing, is not descriptive of your problem. Although I have no doubt this particular title will get a lot of readership anyway. Better though would be an item title of "My yearbook photos are not showing up". Somebody with this exact issue in the future will be searching the forums for an answer, and descriptive posts help others find what they are looking for. Now quit your freakin' out and get busy uploading your Yearbook Photos.

Edited 03/28/09 11:45 AM
Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 6:15 PM - Response #2

Subtitle: Thanks for the help and sorry about the distress call.

Brad,

Thanks for your help and I get your point about being more specific in the title. And no I wasn't looking for readership.
I had been doing what you have suggested to do and after adding 50 or so photos to the classmates profile page, I thought I'd check out my work and see how it looked. That's when I started 'freakin out' because none of the photos except mine showed up. I started looking around in the FAQ's and went to the suggested web page for Marshalltown HS and saw that they had the 'Display Yearbook Photos' toggle but my page didn't.
That's when the pulling hair phase started. And I won't throw my computer out the window, it's a Mac.
Why isn't the 'Display Yearbook Photos' toogle appearing on my page?

Thanks,

Bob

Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 6:43 PM - Response #3

On the Edit Site Pages link, then EDIT Classmate Profiles, there is a check-box called Allow only registered members to see the "Show Yearbook Photos" option. If you are not logged in to the site and this check-box is checked, then yearbook photos for any classmate will not be viewable.

If you ARE logged in to your website, then I don't know what the problem is.

Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 9:21 PM - Response #4

Because you have not yet uploaded one single "official" Yearbook photo Bob. I realize your are technically uploading Yearbook photos, yes, but you are not uploading them into the Yearbook photo area where they belong. Even your own Yearbook photo has been uploaded into the Classmate photo area, NOT the Yearbook photo area. I gave you 4 steps in my post above about how/where to upload Yearbook photos. You'll need to follow those 4 steps if you want your Yearbook photo toggle to display like it does on the Marshalltown Highschool site. I won't lead ya astray I promise. Smile Stick with me and follow those 4 steps above for uploading Yearbook photos and it'll all "click" after you've uploaded your very first official Yearbook photo.

Edited 03/28/09 9:23 PM
Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 10:25 PM - Response #5

Robert,
I've had to hobble around on a Mac for the last several days.
Go ahead.
Toss it out the window.
Sorry.
Let me assure you, if Brad can calm me down, anything you throw his way can be handled.
Kathy

Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 10:43 AM - Response #6

Brad,

I've done what you suggested, which is exactly what I've been doing up to this point, but still the same results. What is going on?

Thanks,

Bob

Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 2:10 PM - Response #7

No, you haven't. Although I absolutely appreciate the fact that you are trying.

Had you put any Yearbook photos into the system, rather than having 100% of your Yearbook Photo column cells currently saying the word "Add" you would instead see a yellow icon, indicating a Senior Photo has been uploaded. You don't have one single yellow icon, which means you have not uploaded one single Yearbook photo.

Yes, you have uploaded the Yearbook photos you've scanned. But you've uploaded them to the Classmate Photo area, not your Yearbook photo area. You need to follow EXACTLY the 4 steps below:

1) Click Manage Classmates
2) Click enter/Edit Classmates
3) Click the "Add" link under your Yearbook photo column
4) Upload Yearbook Photo. Save.

Until you'e one this, you will not have any official Yearbook photos. If you give it another whirl and still aren't getting it, here's what I want you to do. Click the Eamil link under my logo to the left, tell me you still need help, and I'm going to respond and give you my private phone number, and I'm going to help you personally over the phone. Ok? Give it another whirl first following the 4 steps above though.

Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 4:59 PM - Response #8

Brad,

Mystery solved. I couldn't figure out why nothing was happening when I was doing exactly what you said. I finally realized that the pix were being saved as 'pict' files not jpeg's so I saved one as a jpeg and bingo, everything worked. Too bad I now have to go back and change everything to the proper format. Thanks you for your effort and patience, I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Bob

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.