ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcements are not the same

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/29/13 02:09 PM Views: 832 Replies: 4
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Would someone take a look at my page? I have several announcements, none of which are earth-shattering, but you notice the top two have space above the title and the bottom two do not? I cannot see a different in the editor mode, between any of them, but there must be a difference.

My desire is to NOT have extra space. I also like pictures but none of these announcements lend themselves to illustration. Just the facts.

Denise

Edited 01/29/13 2:10 PM
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 2:53 PM - Response #1

Denise,

The problem wasn't at the announcements you referenced had space ABOVE the title, but the problem was the announcements ABOVE THOSE TWO had an extra line feed BELOW the horizontal line, so it looked like there was space above the title. you were probably looking at the start of both of those announcements, when you should have been looking at the ending of the previous announcements.

Check out your website to see if I understood your problem and fixed it.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM - Response #2

Well, you did fix it, but I thought I started the announcements at the top of the page and the top two were the newer announcements. After each announcement, I place the line (you could see this I am sure).

I am not sure what you did, but hey, it looks good and we'll see what happens when I have a new announcement!

Thank you Kyle. Is anyone getting any sleep up there?

D.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 4:37 PM - Response #3

I edited the first announcement. At the bottom, it had the Horizontal Rule code. But there was also a PARAGRAPH code, which accounted for the white space you were seeing. I went to the SOURCE button and made sure there was nothing important there and then deleted it. Then 2nd announcement was the same issue. However since the white space was below the Horizontal Rule, it appeared as the 2nd and 3rd announcement having the white space.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 5:03 PM - Response #4

I had never gone to the source button and looked there! That's what I should ALWAYS do! Thanks!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.