ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Domain Name - How long does it take?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/17/12 06:38 PM Views: 1522 Replies: 5
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Hi!
I just registered the new domain name for my site thru ClassNames.net, as was suggested, and entered it on the page where indicated for "instant activation."
How long does the "instant activation" take?

When I type in the new domain www.86panthers.com, its not popping up to the site...

Is there something else I needed to do other than enter the new purchased domain on the Register Domain page and click the "Activate Your Domain Name Now" button?

Thanks for any help on this.

Darla

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 7:36 PM - Response #1

Made it. Instant is about from minutes to an hour for most places. Take a bit to get around the country.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 7:50 PM - Response #2

It is working here too. Shouldn't take long at all. Hopefully it is working for you now.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, March 26, 2012 at 7:32 PM - Response #3

I viewed an earlier post that indicated a domain name was just another path to the same site. We had a class tag on, so I purchased a domain name that went from 7273 to 727374. Last nite, both domain names would get me to the site, now the 7273 takes me to the Class Creator Page. Whut'd I do or did I misunderstand the earlier post?

Monday, March 26, 2012 at 9:13 PM - Response #4

Pat,

You can only have one domain name that points to your website in our system. The other domain name can be a FORWARDING domain name so that when you set that one up, you forward to the other domain name. So if someone types in your 7273 domain name, it automatically goes to 727374 domain name.

Monday, March 26, 2012 at 9:32 PM - Response #5

Hi Pat,

I set up the http://www.hhs7273.com/ to forward to http://www.hhs727374.com/ It can take a little while for that update to take hold. Once it updates both domains will be all set.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.