ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcements NOT updating after Color Blocking it

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/07/10 03:01 AM Views: 1230 Replies: 5
Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 3:01 AM

Oh, dear ~ just as THE WIZ skips town, I discover an embarrasing 'Goof' ~~ so I am calling on all " wee-wizards-in-training " for help:

A while ago, I read about making the Announcements stand out more by Color-Blocking the section. AND now, I don't even recall HOW I did that ~ so will please need reminder on that too.

But when I now hit 'CLICK HERE' at the top of the Home Page,:
http://www.southside64.com/class_index.cfm#Plane_Anchor

it takes me to the Announcement Flag where the latest entry is 5/14!!:
http://www.southside64.com/class_index.cfm#Plane_Anchor

I have made numerous additions to the Announcements via the Edit Pages - the last being 8/7 today.

[[ under label: "Barb Alfred Webster" :
http://www.southside64.com/class_admin_announcements_form.cfm?currentpage=1&announcement_id=74948&whattodo=Edit

What have I done wrong that these new updates are not showing when the home page icon "click here" is hit??

If I need to get rid of the color to make this work, pls remind me how.

I can't believe no one has emailed me about this. Geez! Embarassed

Thanks for your help { I think you get CEU's for answers while THE WIZ is out } N

Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 9:02 AM - Response #1

Nancee,

Calm down.....Take a deep breath....Relax..... There, now don't you feel better.

An ANCHOR will only go to where it is supposed to go. It goes to the PLANE announcement. you can edit the PLANE announcement and change the date to today if you want.

You can also arrange the announcements by moving them up and down. This is done on the POST ANNOUNCEMENTS page. Just click the red and green arrows. If you want the most recent announcements directly below the airplane, just move them there.

If announcements are not showing, you need to ACTIVATE THEM. On the POST ANNOUNCEMENTS page, click the ACTIVE button to activate them. The "Barb Alfred Webster" announcement hasn't been activated.

PS. I don't consider myself a wizard in training.

Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 10:19 AM - Response #2

Nancee S. Lougheed wrote:

...A while ago, I read about making the Announcements stand out more by Color-Blocking the section. AND now, I don't even recall HOW I did that ~ so will please need reminder on that too.

The background color for announcements is set at the top of the "Post Announcements" page - link found under "Member Functions"

John
Wizard in Training

Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 7:54 PM - Response #3

Hi Kyle, & John,

Thanks for both of your responses! What happened was I had forgotten that I had put expiration dates on 2 of the Announcements ( I usually don't ), so at that hour of the night, I reacted impulsively - as Kyle noted - good sensitivity ~ Thanks! Smile Once I re-activated by changing the expiration date, everything was copacetic. So your ans. was right on Again!

Johnny, I probably would have found my way to the 'how', but you saved me time - so Thanks for that!

AND ~ Kyle: Sorry for the confusion: I thot I read that with Brad gone the Admins were to step-up to the plate in helping one another.

So Johnny had it right: The 'wee wiz' reference was for us admins, not CC staff. But I see how it could have been misinterpreted. And I'm an expert in Communications ~ go figure! Mea Culpa! Embarassed

Summer Blessings to you Both! Dr. Nancee

PS: Speaking of Communication: I never have figured out how the SpellCheck on these forums works. I've searched and read, and still don't know how it works. Is there a trick or a thread about this, please? Much grass! Very Happy

Edited 08/07/10 7:55 PM
Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 7:59 PM - Response #4

I fever truss spill chuckers; what dew they no?Rolling Eyes

Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 8:03 PM - Response #5

Brad is the only one that is gone. All of the other support people are still working as far as I know.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.